xi

'alright, alright, alright, right, right. we're gonna mix these teams up now.'

karma stood with her arms crossed, a light smile on her face as she watched her boys play rugby. however, there was a clear divide between the teams driven by stupid drama, and she was happy that mr bell was working to get them to work as a unit.

'riz, take half of cory's, cory, take half of riz's.'

as the boys had a slight break for the team swap, they had a chance to look around- riz, cory, and jordan spotting karma in an instant, riz smirking at the sight of his jumper still sat over her shirt.

she waved to them, bouncing on the balls of her feet slightly, giving them a huge grin, making sure they could see if from where they were playing.

as zain ran with the hall and mr bell told him to pass to jordan, karma found herself oddly invested as she gripped her sleeves tightly as the boy didn't seem to be making a move to pass at all.

'come on mate, just pass it!'

zain went red as the players snickered at karma's shout from the sidelines, the girl adorning a satisfied smirk as zain passed the ball to jordan, who successfully ran it and touched it down in the wet grass.

karma jumped lightly, whistling at her younger brother as he scored for his team, glancing to the left as mrs carter approached, smiling at the enthusiastic girl.

jordan laughed, blowing an exaggerated kiss to karma, who pretended to catch it, laughing all the while.

karmas face softened immensely as cory and riz got jordan up on their shoulders, the nawaz boy looking back over his shoulder as they retreated to smile at the girl, getting flustered when she grinned, blowing a playful kiss towards him as jordan had done to her moments ago, although she didn't play it up quite as much as the wilson boy.

she further observed as mr nawaz approached a conversing mrs carter and mr bell, catching the sponsor glancing at mandy, who avoided his gaze.

she pursed her lips, although she didn't have too much time to think on it as the boys began to come her way, heading towards the changing rooms.

she shrieked as cory bought her under his arm, messing her hair up.

'cory, no! you're sweaty you twat!' she pushed him off, although her beaming smile betrayed her fake anger, the older wilson only chuckling at his best friend, not quite catching riz staring at her dazedly.

as the rugby boys plus karma approached the college, alya stood up from a bench, intercepting cory.

'oi. yeah, you.'

riz and karma stopped alongside one or two of cory's friends, karma leant into riz tiredly with her arms wrapped around one of his.

'what's this about you wanting to ask me out?'

cory scoffed. 'who told you?'

he glanced towards his mates, his eyes glancing down to karma momentarily, his jaw clenching.

'is it true?'

'so what if it is?'

'well, why don't you ask me and see what i say?'

'alright. do you wanna go out sometime?'

karma's eyes widened as alya glanced back at her friends, a grin coming across the nawaz girl's face.