"I don't, not really. Just.. sometimes, when the situation makes me."

He didn't want to comment or start an argument, after all it wasn't up to him if she smoked or not. He felt bad that she felt bad to the point she felt the need to smoke, but it was none of his business - she was able to do what she wanted to do.

He watched for a second as she exhaled the smoke out of her mouth and wanted to chuckle to himself about how the cigarette actually fit her like it does fit some people. Who would've thought?
As he was about to walk inside the house, his intrusive thoughts kicked in. He glanced at Nabi who was leaning her shoulder and head against the house as she smoked and looked ahead at the beach. She felt his eyes on her, but tried to play it cool. She then suddenly felt him pull her by the sleeve gently and saying "baby" with the deepest yet saddest voice she's ever heard. Her eyes turned to him and they met his that looked intoxicated, sad yet intimidating at the same time. His forehead suddenly landed against hers as he continued "Can we not do this? I don't want to argue."

"We're not arguing."

"But there's this distance between us, I hate it."

The girl didn't know what to say. She was sad and mad, mostly at the crazy ex of her present boyfriend, not much at him, but the situation made her feel hopeless. "I just need to figure everything out. It's a lot to take in, Mark."

"I don't want to lose you." He said in a sad and low voice, making Nabi want to burst out crying. Instead, their faces started moving in closer, both of them craving each other's lips. The cigarette that was in between Nabi's fingers had finally dropped onto the sand as she wrapped her arms around Mark's neck and their lips met. The kiss was intense and hot that the girl's mind somehow quickly forgot about how she needed some distance. When she finally realized what was going on, she pulled away.

"No, we can't. I don't want to do it like this."

"We don't have to do anything. I just want to kiss you."

After she gave in once more, she broke the kiss for the second time. She placed her hands onto Mark's chest and looked into his eyes "I need time."

Mark knew he had to give it up, either he wanted it or not. He nodded and let go of her, stepping backwards a little. Nabi cleared her throat and as she was about to say something, the boy had raced her to it. "I'll give you space then. Goodnight."

Her lips pursed back together as she turned around to catch a quick glimpse of Mark's back disappearing behind the door. She turned to face the beach and immediately walked over to watch the waves. As soon as the sound of waves reached her ears, she burst out crying. The mixture of alcohol and all the emotions she felt caused the tears to flow without her consent.

"You got everything?" Johnny, as the oldest, had asked everyone as they all gathered in front of their airbnb

"You got everything?" Johnny, as the oldest, had asked everyone as they all gathered in front of their airbnb. Once they all nodded, Nabi's eyes turned to Mark who seemed to avoid hers. Distance was exactly what she wanted, so why was that disappointing for her?

Bona patted her best friend's back and smiled reassuringly, linking their arms together right after. Once the group reached the car, the atmosphere got a bit awkward again.

"So who's-"

"I'll drive." Mark blurred out, catching everyone's attention. On their way there him and Nabi were together in the back seat, holding hands, sharing laughs and admiring pretty views out the window. This time it seemed that their ride back home was going to be a rather quiet and awkward one.

Nabi couldn't help but glance at Mark who's eyes were glued to the road as they drove in silence, only music playing quietly in the background filled the car. She then looked to the side and smiled at the sight of Bona sleeping on Jeno's shoulder meanwhile he looked outside the window. She wished hers and Mark's relationship was as simple as theirs - simply loving each other without unnecessary drama and people disturbing their romance.

What Nabi didn't know, was that Mark did in fact glance at her as well. He looked at the rare view mirror too many times when it wasn't necessary, but the truth was he was looking at her. Her sadness was too visible on her face as she leaned her head against the window and looked at whatever was outside as they drove. If space was what she wanted, that's what he was going to give her. Maybe acting a bit cold or uninterested was a bit too much, but maybe that's exactly what she wanted from him. He realized that his behavior last night didn't help her, or him, at all, so he decided to take a different turn from now on.

Once they reached Nabi's place, everyone felt the awkwardness rising. The girl sighed and unbuckled, forcing a smile as she said bye to everyone who sent her sincere smiles back. Her eyes and Mark's met for a split second through the rare view mirror and they said the quietest "bye" to each other that the others had ever heard.

well

well.. please don't hate me lmaooo
we needed some drama didn't we? 😅

will probably give you all a double update today <3