Ella's Birthday - Part 1

Today's the day! The day today! It's Ella's birthday!

Back then, Ella shared with everyone that she doesn't have plans for her birthday - she sees it as another ordinary day. Little did she know that the Moriarty gang secretly have other plans.

Her day started when Ella woke up on Albert's bed. Usually, unmarried couples sleeping together is considered an act of indecency in the Victorian era. But since no one's around to spy on them and Ella's family is gone, no one would suspect a thing. It'll be a secret kept between her and Albert - and probably the Moriarty family too.

Waking up in Albert's bedroom felt different. Ella wondered how she ended up there instead in her bedroom until she remembered what happened last night. It started when she was leaving some papers on Albert's desk until Charles Dickens, the bird, flew to the window.

Ella enjoyed having Charles as a company and reading some of the books from Albert's library until she didn't notice Albert coming home late in the night.

Then Ella remembered having a couple of conversations with him until her body gave up from exhaustion. Nothing malicious or lustful happened that night; Albert's the kind of gentleman who respects his loved ones' boundaries. 

After rewinding everything, Ella now wonders where Charles went.

"Ella, you're awake!"

Her eyes drifted to him and then sat up on the bed, "Morning love!"

Albert proceeded to come to her while carrying a blue box with a silver ribbon. "Happy Birthday, my queen!"

"Ohh my gosh Albert!...really???", Ella was surprised at the color of the box because Albert just gave her a Swarovski piece- one of the luxurious jewelry brands in London.

"You deserve the best of the best, my love. Especially on your day!"

"I-...Thank you!!!", Ella gratefully replied and kissed him wholeheartedly on the lips.

She carefully opened the box and it revealed a silver swan necklace nestled with a striking blue gem. "Albert...it's beautiful...", Ella gently touched the pendant - not wanting its preciousness to be sullied.

"Would you like to wear it now?"

Ella only nodded since she was still lost for words on the necklace's beauty. Albert gently took it from her and brushed her hair to the side. Seeing her bare neck...Albert would like to kiss that spot, but he restrained himself not to. He delicately placed it on her neck and sealed its clasp.

"Thank you...", Ella said and her voice sounded like honey. "This is the best gift I have ever received." 

"That's just only the first part.", Albert teased her as he gets up from the bed.

"What? You mean...there's more?", Ella asked as her eyes widened like big saucers.

"Indeed! And they won't be discovered if you stayed in bed any longer."

Ella scoffed and said, "Don't rush me!" But still, she proceeded to walk out of the room to change.

"But what if Louis, Fred, or Bonde need me to help clean the manor?", Ella asked from the doorway.

"Don't worry about that. Today's schedule will actually be changed for your birthday."

"Alright. And Albert..."

Albert looked at her intently.

"I am eternally grateful...for this.", Ella motioned the room. "Truly...thank you!"