Keeping A Secret

For months, Reba has been hiding from the public eye. First, the separation of her Narvel came out, and she wanted to keep this away from the public. Not only because it would make people assume the worst, but also because Vince would find out. Reba is four months along, and she thinks she knows who the father is, but isn't actually sure. It could be his, and it could be Narvel's. Gosh, she is hoping it's her husband because the last thing she wants is for him to leave her. Narvel left when he found out she was pregnant and he's sure it's not his because well...

Hiding from the public eye is hard, especially because she can't go anywhere and has to rely on friends and family. Alice and Susie are
flying in to help her till the baby comes. She remembers the night she called them.

/Flashback/

Pacing back and forth, she waited for the phone call. 'Oh Reba, look what you got yourself into!' She thinks to herself. The phone rings, and the doctor tells her the results.

As soon as she hung up, she called her sister, Alice. "I'm pregnant!" She yells as soon as Alice answers.

/End of Flashback/

Alice was so happy for her till she said it could be someone else's.
__________________________________

Alice is making dinner, and the other two are sitting at the counter.
"So, if it's not Narvels, then who is the other guy?" Susie asks. Reba swallows, "Uh, it's not important. To be honest, I'm going to love my child no matter who the father is."

Alice scoffs, "Reba, you're married, you shouldn't have gone off and slept with someone else." Reba knew her older sister is right, but she just sighs.

"Alice, be nice, we all know how you really feel about Narvel." Susie takes Reba's hand and squeezes it.
"We're going to support you no matter what, sis."

Reba smiles and hugs her younger sister.
-------------