chapter eight, dual wielding

Začať od začiatku

          "He got his heart broke pretty bad after the girl he was in love with was stolen by LaRusso," Hawk answered, and Bowie added the knowledge to the mental puzzle they were constructing in their head which seemed to grow more confusing each day. Was that the reason Johnny Lawrence had a rivalry with LaRusso? Did Robby know that?

          "Alright, so you go over to this kid and beat his ass so he doesn't have the chance," Hawk unhelpfully suggested.

          "Do you even know this guy?" Bowie turned around and questioned, internally kicking himself for his instinct to defend Robby kicking in.

          "Yeah, don't listen to Eli," Demetri shook his head.

          "It's Hawk," the boy corrected with a scowl, to which Demetri rolled his eyes and dismissed him passive aggressively.

          "The fact is, Sam's given you no reason not to trust her."

Miguel toyed with the idea for a moment before sighing.

          "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Bowie cocked a playful eyebrow in Demetri's direction: "Since when did you get so wise?"

Demetri seemed to blush a little at this, but before he could come up with a witty remark, Aisha, who had been scrolling on her phone and paying very little attention to Miguel's dilemma, cut him off.

          "That little bitch!"

          "What?" Miguel asked, sounding more tired than interested.

Aisha tilted her phone towards the boys to show them a Facebook post.

          "You know that video I posted of me breaking that board? Look what Yasmine commented."

Bowie rolled his eyes at the mean comment Yasmine typed under Aisha's post, hearing Hawk scoff behind him, Demetri sigh and Miguel breathe a gentle "Oh, shit."

          "I gotta do something," Aisha insisted, clicking over to Yasmine's profile.

          "Alright, how about we kidnap her, and have my boy Rico tattoo 'bitch' on her face?" Hawk unhelpfully suggested once again, causing all four of his friends to twist around and look at him in disgust.

          "Please, do not fucking do that," Bowie requested as Demetri scoffed.

          "Calm down, Hawk," Demetri scowled as Miguel shook his head disappointedly.

          "Alright, I hear how you're saying it, and I don't like it," the blue haired boy argued back but he let the subject drop as Aisha waved her hand in front of his face.

          "Wait, wait, wait. I've got a better idea. Look."

          "Yasmine's throwing a birthday party at the canyon later?" Miguel read outloud.

          "Not if we strike first," Aisha smirked, and the three Cobra Kai members, quickly chased up by the small child Hawk was fighting earlier, were quick to jump up from the bench, firing questions and ideas at each other about invites and alcohol and all sorts.

Demetri and Bowie followed a little further behind, clearly less committed to the idea but still seemingly comfortable following along.

          "You down to come to a party then, huh?" Demetri asked them, swaying a little as he walked, his hands tucked in the pocket of his jeans.

          "Sure," Bowie responded. "You better stick with me though because I am not one for socialising at parties."

          "Oh, of course," Demetri nodded with a grin. "I need somebody to laugh at drunk people with now that Eli has become one of the drunkards. You should see his fake ID, it's atrocious."