❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 ❀

Start from the beginning

" Well you aren't like a normal Na'vi! You have five fingers for starters-" The boy stopped himself right after he said those words. He didn't mean it. He really did not mean what just came out of his mouth.

" Just when I began to open up to you...To like you! I told you I saw you, Trítön! Did that mean nothing?!" Koänä cried out. Her eyes became watery but she held them back. She refused to cry over this boy. Over this situation.

" No. That meant something. It still means something." He pleaded. His hands were now on both of her arms, trying to get her to stay.

" Do not touch me! You do not deserve to go near me anymore!" She slapped his hands off of her arms with an angry look on her face. She showed him her ten fingers, trying her best not to cry in front of him. " Look! Ten fingers. I know I am not normal. Sure, I may be a freak but I at least can say I have never talked about someone's family, someone who you claim to care about, behind their back!"

" I care. I really care." Was all he could say.

Those five words now meant nothing to Koänä. The way he looked at her meant nothing. The pleading look he was giving her meant nothing. Koänä could see there was something he wanted to say but she pushed him back before turning from him and walking away. She could hear him calling after her but she ignored it and walked back to the village.

" Koänä?" Neteyam and Lo'ak asked at the same time, seeing her storm past them with tears welled up in her eyes but her face held rage. She ignored the two and went to find her mother.

Neytiri was in the pod alone, sorting through various things the family had kept with them as they traveled to the island. She looked up upon hearing heavy footsteps and Neytiri's eyes widened as she saw her eldest child slump down against the wall of the mauri, tears falling free down her face.

" Oh, Koänä..My sweet girl.." Neytiri cooed as she rushed to sit next to her.

The mother wasted no time wrapping her slender arms around her daughter. Koänä felt herself cry in her mother's arms. She could not care if she heard her mother hiss at her other children to get out for the meantime. All she could feel was betrayal and heartbreak from the boy she had grown to deeply care about. At one point she saw her father rush in - she guessed her siblings had told him she was crying. The tight hold of Neytiri wore off as Jake neared. Jake replaced his mate in sitting next to his daughter, holding her to him tightly.

" I liked him, father. I really liked this boy." Koänä cried. Jake closed his eyes and leaned his head on top of her's.

He wished he could make this go away within a second. The one thing in the whole world he's ever wanted was for his little girl to be happy. He prayed and prayed and prayed to Eywa she would find her mate with no difficulties. The man could not bear to hear his daughter cry. It brought a heavy pain to his own heart.

" I trusted him and he proved to me that everyone is the same. All they see us as is freaks. Weird half breed freaks from the forest, who do not belong here." The girl ranted, suddenly sitting up with a firing burning in her soul. She cried. Now she is over it. Koänä felt an anger rise in her body. She wanted to prove to everyone that they were not what people labeled them as.

" Koä, you remember when I told you about what I did before I became Toruk Makto," Jake began. Koänä couldn't look at him so he grabbed her chin, making her face him. " I betrayed her. I betrayed the people. I thought I could never come back from that. I thought I lost your mother forever. She was bound to hate me. But I showed her I cared and I wasn't going to stop until she noticed I did." He took his finger and placed it on her heart. " If you have something with this boy, he will not stop until you forgive him. Trust me on that, baby."

Koänä looked in her father's eyes and saw the sincerity in them. She hoped that her ocean boy would not give up on her. Koänä looked to the side and saw her family was slowly beginning to pile into the pod, all of them sitting in front of her. She felt slightly embarrassed of the dry tear stains painted on her face now.

Tuk was the first sibling to hug her. Koänä wrapped her arms around her tiny sister tightly, enjoying the embrace. Kiri was the next one to join in, then Neteyam. Lo'ak decided to be the cherry on top and jump on all of them. Koänä remembered this happening when they were younger. Her father called it a dog-pile. Whatever that was.

Koänä laughed once she heard all of them groan as Lo'ak laughed triumphantly at the top of the pile. Her laugh seized to a groan once she felt Kiri's elbow dig into her as she tried to get up. Tuk was squealing the whole time and all of them quickly got off remembering the smallest and most fragile Sully was at the bottom of it.

" Sorry Tuk!" Lo'ak apologized to her but she crossed her arms, glaring at him. He looked around awkwardly trying to ignore the stare. He whistled and looked around the pod, suddenly interested in the architecture.

" I can beat him up if you'd like." Neteyam mumbled to Koänä. The girl laughed and shoved him away playfully. " Just putting it out there!"

" If anyone is going to fight anyone, it will be me, 'Teyam." She jokingly reminded him. Neteyam smiled while rolling his eyes.

" Sure, Koä, sure."

______________________

cute little filler for some drama <3 

shit is about to get crazy from here on so yk...be aware!!