Chapter 2- Behind Consciousness, In Front of a Nightmare

"Shit, shit, shit!" Bronx panicked, being enclosed by nothing but the darkness of what space would look like. Bronx looked around to see nothing but it's body, and a small path that lead to somewhere. "Who drugged my fruit punch?! Did someone drug it?! This isn't funny!" the panicky Sooza exclaimed, hoping it would wake up and be saved from this nightmare. Bronx was holding back a sob, running around to see if there was any point of finding a single thing to help it.

But

there

was

none.

Bronx followed a seemingly faint track that stretched towards a large cave, which was lit by nothing but a blood red moon. Sooza ran faster and faster towards the cave, which had a small board with big, carved-in letters that read:

"ONE WEEK, SPEND ALL AND DOOM IS ENCLOSED ON YOU.

DO NOT WASTE EVEN ONE SECOND CATCHING ONE'S BREATH."

Bronx ventured farther in the cave, led by dim lanterns that only lit nothing but the cave walls and path. Everything else was just in a big, black abyss. Bronx reached a small town with nothing but lit windows, which uncovered the camouflaged houses in the cave of pitch black. Bronx checked to see if there were any visitors of this hell that could give some information that it wanted to hear. "Hello? Is.. anyone there?" Bronx managed to mumble. A big, bubbly set of eyes appeared from the darkness, with too the milkiness of its eyes. "Welcome, traveler! You may be enclosed into this bottomless son of a bitch before you can get out, but you got me! What can I do for ya'?" A Maggpi jumped out from the darkness, nearly horrifying Bronx to falling over and rolling in circles like a cylinder circling forever in hell. "But.. I thought a Maggpi already existed in the monster world." Bronx replied. "How do you exist here?"

"Ah, yes. I am a shadow of that Maggpi in this world, only happier as I am an upcoming victim of that Cherubble's shock wave." Maggpi reached out to give the Sooza a rusty, aged lamp. "Once I get here, My body and soul here will reset as you did. You existed here before, yes!"

"Wait-- so every monster I see here is a future victim of that mythical piece of crap?! What the hell? I need to get out of here and save them!" Bronx panicked, asking the Maggpi foreshadow where to go next. "You don't wanna stay? Awww, I even got some food for you!" The Maggpi gave Bronx a cookie, that looked nearly expired, like a cookie on life support. "Thanks, um.. got anything fresher?"

"Well, bullshit! I've been here for four months, and this is all I got. Once all my food is gone, and you end up with your result, I will be next.. after someone else on that list--but why live in pain trying to go through that hell of a.. hell! Stay with me! Stay with me! Stay with me.." it chanted, reaching out to Bronx. "No! Get your nasty hands off me! NO!" Bronx screamed, running off with the saggy cookies and the small oil lantern in which it's light flickered and trembled. The foreshadowed victim of the curse tumbled at full speed at the poor slow-poke, leaving Bronx to hide behind a pile of rocks, and stay there until the rabid Maggpi returned to its place where it belonged. "Ow! What was that?!" Bronx whispered painfully, feeling a sword sharper than a pin needle right in its grasp, but more literally IN its grasp. The Bronx picked up the sword, launching at the still searching Maggpi. "There you aaaaare! Now let's go home and play and da-- HEY!" The Maggpi clawed into Bronx's skin, but Bronx stabbed it just in time for the Maggpi to refrain from causing serious blood loss. Bronx felt terribly filled with fatigue, returning to its rock shelter. It looked up, and saw a clock that counted back from one week-- which meant it had a WEEK to escape from this hellhole.