Chapter 746: When I am the angriest? (6)

Começar do início

It seemed like the world that the crown prince, the Vampires, and the beast people wanted.

"Cale-nim?"

Sayeru stopped walking and called out to Cale with a pale but gentle face.

Cale looked away from the peaceful view and followed behind Sayeru.

They walked into the temple.

It was peaceful inside the temple as well. There were beautiful pillars and wall decorations made of white marble potentially mined from the Henituse territory. The area that gave off a refined and holy atmosphere was silent.

It was silent and peaceful.

Cale followed behind Sayeru and observed the faces of the people in the temple.

There were people looking happy, joyful, or excited while others looked busy, tired, or annoyed.

However, nobody looked as if they were in despair nor resignation.

"I heard that you were fired from doing work in the territory, young master-nim?"

Cale turned his head after suddenly hearing that comment. Sayeru was standing next to Cale and talking. There seemed to be a mischievous tone in his comment, as if he was slightly joking.

Cale responded as if it didn't faze him at all.

"I was. The Duke-nim fired me because I was so bad at it."

He gently shrugged his shoulders.

"Hahaha. I think I can imagine how the Duke-nim reacted. I heard that documents were flying through the air?"

"Please don't remind me about it. The documents were not flying through the air, they were flying at me."

"Aigoo. The Duke-nim is too much sometimes."

Sayeru patted Cale's shoulders as if consoling him for his suffering.

Cale gently smiled bitterly.

Sayeru slightly raised his fist and made a 'fighting' pose.

"Please cheer up, Cale-nim."

Cale slowly nodded his head.

"Of course."

'But you see...'

There was something Cale had been curious about since earlier. He wanted to ask Sayeru about it.

'How do you know what happened between my father and I? Hmm? How the hell does a priest know about a conversation between the Duke and his son? It sounds like someone in the Lord's Castle was spying on Duke Deruth and me and continuously reporting to Sayeru. Is it just my imagination? Hmm?'

Cale felt an unknown sense of déjà vu.

That black line on the marble covered mountain... It was the same feeling he had while looking at that snake-like line.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

His heart was beating fast.

'Why am I feeling like this?

Is it fear? Nervousness? No, it's nothing like that.'

However, it wasn't because of joy, anticipation nor excitement either.

"We're already here."

Sayeru had led Cale to an area full of single-person prayer rooms on both sides. Sayeru opened the door to the room at the end of the hallway and bowed as soon as Cale walked in.

"I pray it will be a time of deep enlightenment."

Creeeeeak. Click.

The thick steel door closed.