ACT I • Viridity II

Since the day of your miraculous resurrection, so much time has already passed.

You changed; everyone around you could see it in your eyes, feel it in your touch, and hear it in your tone. You are not that ungrateful brat who only had the goal to childishly impress the young successor of the Tsugikuni household.

Now you're seeking the comfort of the second almost forgotten son, and whenever you see Michikatsu, you grimace as if you saw the manifestation of stupidity.

But what happened over time? Many things, that's for sure.

Yoriichi finally has his infamous earrings; after convincing him that he doesn't have to feel bad about not speaking as properly as his brother, he voiced his thoughts to others. You felt like a proud mother but ironically it was exactly on the same day as Akeno-san decided to gift him the accessories.

That made you feel a bit stupid. He would have talked about whether or not you were present. What came as a surprise was when she presented you with the same pair for you, just in your favorite color. That made you tear up because it made you feel as if you belong to them, that at the very least, Akeno accepted you.

With the biggest grin, you turned to Yoriichi, showing him your pair with the words, "Look, now we match!". He gave you such a soft smile that it made you feel even more warm and fuzzy.

After this day, shyly and with the best puppy eyes, you could muster asked her and your mother if they could teach you both how to read. What's better bonding time than learning something together, right? And the fact that it will come in super handy in the future.

When you two are not busy with reading or writing, you two sit on the veranda and just enjoy each other's presence, it feels nice to just talk with him about everything and nothing at the same time. Sometimes you two do something more adventurous, and that is exploring the near environment. Running through the beautiful landscape, holding hands so that no one gets lost or falls and 'demigod' was such a poor description for him, your first reaction to him was so exaggerated.

Yoriichi was flawed like any other human out there. He feels alien around other people, which yeah, of course, he does when he sees people transparent. You tried to make him understand it wasn't anything weird for you and that he didn't have to worry too much about it. He feels bad about his lacking communication skills, and social skills. No wonder when nobody 'cares' about him, other than his and your mother and you.

In a way, you saw it as odd that he even opened up about these things to you. Maybe he was comfortable enough around you because of your occasional breakdowns? It doesn't matter in the end, you already decided to stand by his side, no matter what. It's been a while since you had such a pure friendship, and you cherish these moments because one day, they are going to end.

Yet, what about Michikatsu and you? Both of you made it your goal to annoy the other whenever you two meet. In front of the adults you're the well-behaved kids, but the moment they're out of the picture, the insulting and teasing begins. It's not unwelcoming at all, you would almost say you're friendly to each other. Jerk, idiot, fool, asshole, dumbass, and so on.

After adapting to your new life, it became easier to see him not as the future Upper Moon One. You can't stay that mad and pissy at him forever, can you? Since he was only a child of circumstances, he may see Yoriichi as pitiful but it's still his brother. No one forced him to spend time with him, or even acknowledge him. But here he is, flying kits together, or playing play Soguroku on the veranda against his father's wishes because he wants to.

It was only natural that you would take every chance to protect these boys, even if your body is smaller than theirs. Mentally, you're the adult. So when the father of the twins saw you three playing on the veranda, you took the whole blame. No way are you gonna allow him to punch a child for nothing. At the end of the day, you're the only one allowed to hit him.