She cocked her head to the side amused, "now who's eavesdropping?" He chuckled at her, causing a smile to appear on her own face. His expression reminded her of the victorious grin Klaus wore the previous night when Tyler had jumped out of the window. Last night came back to her in one huge wave of emotional trauma, her admitting she wanted to see the world with Klaus, talking to him about love and whether or not he believed in it. The double meaning in his words was not lost to her. "Right, I gotta go." She remembered, trying to backtrack the conversation. "The shirt is on the floor in the room I was sleeping in. See you later!"

Her vampire speed could not get her out of there fast enough.

-o-

"I can't believe I haven't found a single dress that I've liked!" The girls exited the store with Caroline in the lead, swinging the door open a little too hard to be human. Elena cautioned her but she was too far gone in anger to care. "Everything here is horrible, we should go somewhere else."

"Caroline," Bonnie cut in, grabbing onto her friends arm as she began to spout out crazy ideas, "stop stressing out about it, I'm sure you'll find something." The blond didn't seem convinced as she pouted her lips. "Let's go get something to eat."

Despite the fact that the past two nights had been some of the most odd and weird situations they had all experienced, none of them seemed to want to talk about it. Caroline was dying to bring up the fact that Elena had admitted she didn't love Damon, or the fact that Stefan was much better in bed, but she managed to bite her tongue. Though she guessed she wasn't the only person in the room dying to talk about embarrassing confessions.

Finally Elena cracked, "So last night was... interesting." Bonnie hid the smile that crept upon her lips from Elena. "I'm not sure if these games are such a good idea." She confessed warily.

Caroline twiddled her fork between her fingers, "Are you backing down?" She had never once believed that she could win, or Elena either -but deep down she had hoped. "After two nights?"

The doppelganger sighed, "I hate that everybody is getting their emotions played with. Katherine started this to mess with us, it's all just fun to her Caroline."

Bonnie spoke next, "You seemed to enjoy her last night."

"Bonnie!" Elena gasped in horrified shock, burying her face into her hands. "Don't talk about it." Caroline chuckled.

Trying to defend herself Bonnie stated, "At least your ex-boyfriend didn't confess his love for you in front of everybody."

"At least your ex-boyfriend didn't throw himself through a window." Caroline smiled, trying to make Elena feel better. Both friends eyed her for a cautious moment, wondering if it was okay to laugh. Suddenly they broke down, giggles taking over their entire body. "Yeah it was funny."

-o-

That night Caroline made sure to shower before she headed over to Klaus's house -no the Mikaelson's house. She had to stop thinking about Klaus it was only going to make everything worse.

She arrived twenty minutes early, but mostly everybody besides Rebekah and Matt were there. Rebekah was getting dressed but she was already in the house so it didn't matter. Caroline was proud of herself for choosing to wear a dress since every other girl in the vicinity had too. Caroline's was a blue summer dress down to her knees with a matching dark washed jean jacket but it seemed like an 1800th century debutant gown compared to the thin layer of red silk Katherine had on, it wasn't short enough to expose anything but it was clinging to all the right angles. Sometimes Caroline admired how confident Katherine was.

"Caroline, welcome." Klaus greeted, offering her a glass of bourbon fresh from the bottle. Hesitantly she accepted it - drunk was the best way to get through the night. "You look lovely."