Buck kept that in mind before sending a nod of gratitude. "Thanks." His face scrunched up, "Please don't tell Chimney about this. He can't keep a secret. Josie will kill me if this gets out to anyone in the firehouse."

She let out a scoff, a bit offended. "Unlike you and Chimney, I can manage to keep a secret." Her gaze lingered onto her brother when she sang out, "Can't believe my little brother is in love." 

Meanwhile, Josephine met up with Bryan at a restaurant to catch up between their busy lives.

Josephine set down her drink after a sip, waiting for the meals to be served. "So, did you buy a gift for the baby shower?" She wondered, referring to Lucas and Whitney who'll be welcoming their first child into the world in a couple of months. 

"Not yet, but I was hoping after this you would help me." Bryan said with a sheepish grin.

She sent him a disapproving nod, hindering a laugh. "You're lucky that I haven't bought anything yet."

He chuckled out, "I appreciate it. Between the meetings and company growing, I haven't had enough free time. Funny thing, this is the first time I've spent with someone that isn't work related."

"I'm completely honored to be in your presence then." Josephine dramatically gasped, placing a hand upon her chest earning an immediate eye roll. 

The waiter arrived at their table with an elated smile to lay their meals down. He asked if they needed anything else to which they dismiss for him to stalk off and attend other customers. 

"Maybe you should take a deserving vacation after all that work. It's always good to give yourself a break." Josephine gave him a stern look, pointing her fork at him. 

"Well, I am kind of on a vacation with this work trip out of the country."

"A real vacation, Bryan." She emphasized. "It doesn't have to be a huge one, a little getaway perhaps. Like the ones I used to drag you out when you were crammed in your work."

"I get it." He surrendered. "I'll try to insert time for myself in my jam-packed schedule."

Bryan snuck a glance at Josephine diving into her plate. "You and Vanessa make up?" He leaned back into his seat.

"We did, actually. Vanessa showed up at my door apologizing after mom accidentally spilled about what I've dealt with last year." She shared with him. 

"Your mom might've been glad she spilled then."

Josephine let out a humorless laugh, "Which is why I'm using accidentally lightly."

Inside the locker room at the firehouse, Buck proceeded to button up his shirt while staring into the reflection of the mirror. His thoughts were scattered upon the start of this shift. One that he dreaded due to having to face and be next to the woman he's in love with for the next 24 hours. Since his conversation with Maddie, he's been making up somewhat plausible excuses from hanging out with Josephine. He was anxious about how to confess his feelings more so the best timing and her reaction. Their friendship has shifted, and this bombshell will cause another to his dismay.

He couldn't let himself believe that her romantic feelings would remain mutual since her marijuana brownie confession last year. Everything has changed so much then. He wondered if Josephine felt like this way when she was in his shoes—going crazy and wishing to cease the existence of these feelings.