Chapter 4 (NSFW, TW)

Start from the beginning

'Is that the reason why you suddenly were in Sumeru?' I nod and push Alhaitham out of the way when I see a spear coming his way. The spear peers impales me through my stomach and I cough up some blood. The blonde person quickly pushes his coat against my stomach and slowly tries to get the spear out. Alhaitham gets up and runs to me.

'Send everyone that belongs on our side to that portal over there.' While the blonde guy and Alhaitham look away, I rip the spear out of my stomach and throw it in the ocean.

'What portal?' Alhaitham helps me up and I point to where the portal to my land is.

'Just go to that point with everyone and trust me.' Alhaitham and the blonde guy both shake their heads and I use my magic to make them go to the rest.

I slowly get up and get in between the fight of Morax and the God of Darkness. They both stop fighting.

'Morax, everyone is over there. Get them to safety, while I get rid of him.' Morax hesitates for a minute and then goes away. I concentrate on the God. I use up some of my power and shoot at them. The god creates a darkness around me once again to make me confused and suddenly appears in front of me. Before I could attack him, he pushes me by my throat down. Luckily for me, he pushed me close to the portal. I use some remaining of my powers and open the portal.

'Go through it.' Morax walks to me and lifts me up.

'I am not leaving you behind here.' I shake my head but quickly give up struggling as Morax runs with me to the portal. I used some of my last magic to open it and sign everyone to go through. Morax and I are last to go through the portal, and I close him pretty fast after finally going through.

'Woah...' Morax slowly puts me down and looks worried at me. I smile and whistle. A few birds fly to me and help me getting patched up. I quickly close the jacket afterwards and walk towards the traveler. I kneel down next to them and pluck the golden light flower.

'Is it okay if I place this in your hair?' The traveler looks confused at me but then nods. I smile and make sure the flower sits secure in their hair.

'I am so sorry for all the trouble I caused. Hopefully, you could forgive me.' Paimon flies to me and looks angrily at me.

'Paimon thinks that we all deserve an explanation. That god tried to kill the traveler!' I nod and sigh deeply. I look to my side to see one part of my beautiful city. For a second, I see all of the buildings completely destroyed and abandoned, but when I blink with my eyes again it's all still there. I shake my head.

'Yeah. I do... Let's go to my house and I will explain everything.' I begin to walk towards my house and slowly some animals come out of their hiding spots to greet me. I smile and look back at the rest of the group. Everyone has blood all over them and looks dead. My smile leaves my face and I turn to my city. My eyes close and I fall down.

'Bo-Bae!'

My eyes open way later and I shoot up. Since I am in a state of panic, I grab the blanket so tightly that my nails came through it into the palm of my hand.

'Bo-Bae, calm down.' Morax speed walks to me and calms me down a bit. He gives me a plushie that I haven't seen before. I hug it tightly immediately and burry my face in it.

'The young master called Tighnari checked everything and it all seems stable now. After some rest, you can explain some of the things to the rest.' I raise my head and look confused at Morax.

'What did you tell them?' Morax sighs and sits down on my bed. I avoid eye contact and make my hand into a fist.

'Nothing too bad. They still want to hear an explanation from you. Also, Paimon, Kaveh and the Traveler went out to get you some clothes, fresh cleaned.' I nod but don't talk to Morax. What did he tell them? Maybe about what happened back on the boat? With those man and all? Before Morax could say anything else, Ajax walks into the room.

'Oh... She's awake. Is it better to come back later?' I shake my head and Morax stands up. Morax walks to Ajax and before he totally walks out of the room, turns back to me once more.

'Traveler, Kaveh and Paimon will be here shortly.' I nod and play some with the plushy. It's a pretty blue plushie. I don't know what kind of plushie it is or what kind of animal it is, but it looks like a magical fish, since it has fins and a horn. I hug it tightly. Indeed after some time, Traveler, Kaveh and Paimon come into my room with a bag full of stuff.

'So your name is Kaveh?' Kaveh looks confused at me but then just decides to nod. They lay the bag with clothes and some other stuff on my bed.

'We bought you some clothes that are intersex since Zhongli told us you could be all genders.' I smile and nod. Kaveh looks amazed at me and I raise my eyebrow. He suddenly grabs my hands and his eyes seem to spark up.

'Please teach me how to do so.' I chuckle and shake my head.

'I was born that way Kaveh. It's nothing magical.' Kaveh begins to blush and nods.

'I think it's time for Chang-Xi to get dressed.' I look at the Traveler and nod.

'Thank you for getting the clothes.' The Traveler nods and drags Kaveh out of the room with them. Why is it that Alhaitham and Kaveh both look at me with this different kind of look in their eyes than the rest. I can feel that the Traveler still doesn't trust me totally, same thing with Ajax. Even though he pretends to fully trust me. I mean, who can blame them? I suddenly came to visit and they probably never even heard from me. Now also with the other people from Sumeru, they must all not trust me as well.

I wipe some tears away before walking out of my room with my new set of clothes on. Morax looks relieved when he sees me and smiles. I sit down nervously on the only chair that is still free. Everyone stares at me.

'I'm sorry.' I look at the ground and take a deep breath.

'I'm sorry for all the distrust that I caused. If I knew that the God of Darkness and Shadows would track me down and follow, I would've never-.' Xiao stands up annoyed, put his glass down hard on the table.

'We will get him. Let's focus for now on making sure everyone heals.' I look up at Xiao and see that he looks at me with some compassion. Thank Celestia that Xiao believes me.

'I will make sure that my guards are okay and you guys have some time to rest.' I walk away with some trouble but I manage. I am so sorry everyone.