part one

Lexi Grey was the top of her class and thanks to her older Sister Meredith she was able to find the residency in neurosurgery along side her brother in law and sister in law Ameila and Derek shepeard she also helped April Kepner get into trauma with Owen Hunt.

"When is Zolas next appointment with the social worker?"Lexi asked her sister."Sometime today she said she would let Derek know when."Meredith replied without looking at her sister but smiling regardless. Lexi nodded and continued helping zola get ready for the nursery

Time skip

"Lex,Mer Hi!!" Lexi and Meredith turned around and saw April Kepner the trio was a unlikely set of friends but they made it work with Christina sometimes being with them but mostly with her girlfriend Teddy. "Hi April thanks again for looking after zola" Meredith said while giving her friend a hug. "No problem, anytime Mer you know that" April then pulled away from Meredith to hug Lexi then turned to her goddaughter zola.

"Would you like me to take her to the nursery so you can start rounds"April asked Meredith with a smile on her face. Meredith nodded. "I know you've chosen your residency but I want you on my service today lex" Meredith then turned to her sister. Lexi nodded and followed meredith to the changing room for attendings ever since the shooting that seriously injured her best friend Mark she's developed separation anxiety from Meredith and Derek which they both find ways to make her life alot easier and still get to do her residency.

She is forever grateful for her sister,sister in law and brother in law.