“Of course it is,” Audrey smiled back, cocking her head. “It’s all I wish for.”

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰───

Audrey had managed to nick two berries from Lizzie, pocketing them before rushing back through the trees, back to where Constance had been waiting. To avoid Abigail catching her sister somewhere she had promised not to be, Audrey had chosen to go into the celebrations and now they laid back in the furthest corner of the daisy field, side by side.

“I don’t feel anything,” Audrey whispered into the night, air clouding from her breath as she held her hands over her face, trailing them through the stars above. “Do you feel anything?”

“I don’t know,” Constance spoke back, voice dreamy and otherworldly. It sounded as if she was laying some distance away, but Audrey could feel the girl’s breath on her neck. “Does that star look like it's winking to you?”

“Which star?”

“That one.” She pointed above her.

Audrey rolled her eyes. “That does not help.”

“Oh well,” Constance sighed, dropping her hand back down, laying it across her stomach, feeling utterly relaxed. “It’s stopped now, anyway. I believe it saw me staring back.”

Audrey chuckled to herself, rolling her head towards Constance. “I think it’s starting.”

“You might just be right,” Constance laughed along with her, meeting her eyes in the dark night, seeing the stars reflecting in her pupils. “How long does it last?”

“However long we like, I hope,” Audrey breathed out, before her eyes trailed over Constance’s face, counting every freckle, every eyelash. This could be the last time she really saw her for a long time. “You have forty-three freckles. Did you know that?”

Constance furrowed her eyebrows, a smile reaching her lips, somewhat confused. “I did not.”

“Well, you do,” Audrey stated, looking back up at the stars, apathetic. “I like them.”

“My freckles?”

“Not just them,” she shook her head, licking her lips, nervously. “I like everything about you.”

Constance stayed silent for a moment, and it caused Audrey’s breathing to pick up. The fluttery feeling that had been contained in her gut spread out over her body, something not uncommon when Audrey was around the other girl. She had felt it ever since they had met, but she kept it down because it was wrong. Wrong to feel that way about another girl. Yet, now, there was nothing less to risk.

“Why?” Constance finally spoke, Audrey turning her head to look at her again.

“Why do I like everything about you?” she questioned, confused.

“Yeah. Why?”

“Because you don’t hide how you’re truly feeling,” Audrey said, knowing exactly what she would say. She had been thinking about this answer for a while, and she had promised Constance she would answer every question she ever asked her. She didn’t know why she had agreed with it, but it felt like Constance deserved to know everything. “Because you are so strong, and ready to fight for what is right. Your confidence is– is infectious. Your smile, it is like a thousand suns burning together, brighter than anything else in the far away universe. You, Constance Berman, are why I like everything about you.”

The silence came back again, and this time Audrey thought she had really done something terrible, but the berries didn’t let her care. The berries let her calm down immediately.