Daniel Ricciardo froze in his spot as he noticed the model whose name was Josephine Rankin, having just finished talking to his friend.

She still looked exactly the same.

A little slimmer, a little paler with her eyes red and swollen, but still exactly the same.

It was as if her presence brought back memories, as he remembered the times when she was dating Jules, even the time before she met his best friend, and she was dating Sebastian.

It felt like Jules was stood with her, following her and loving her, even in spirit and death.

"Daniel, are you okay?"

Sebastian shook his Australian friend, seeing him freeze upon staring at the model who stared at him for a little while longer, before turning around and leaving to go back to the Mercedes garage.

Did she remember him?

Josephine fled in to the Mercedes garage at the sight of the Ricciardo man, since he brought back memories of Jules that she couldn't take.

It had been years since she had last seen the Australian, and she just had to see him at the Australian Grand Prix.

Yes, she knew that he was a driver, but she had still never expected to bump in to him, since she knew that he was the best friend of Jules.

Something nudged her elbow, causing her to turn around to see a blonde haired Finnish driver smiling at her.

"He drives for Renault, go and find him."

Valterri Bottas could see that the girl was allowing her nerves and grief to eat herself up from the inside, and upon seeing her freeze at the sight of the Ricciardo man, he knew what he had to say.

"You're not grieving alone, maybe if you share the grief, you'll feel better."

Josephine didn't even say anything back to him or respond.

All she did do, was make her way towards the Renault garage, in hope that his words were true.

____________________________________________________

The sound of heels clicking could be heard as the famous model walked down the paddock in Melbourne and in to the garage of Renault.

Daniel Ricciardo looked up from his phone as he scrolled through the social media pages of the Rankin girl, when his team mate nudged him.

Daniel immediately stood to his feet as he noticed that Josephine Rankin was approaching him, biting her lip as her hands were shaking.

"Hi." Josephine's quiet voice sounded as she came to a stop, standing in front of the Australian Formula One driver.

"Hi." Daniel's voice repeated her greeting as he smiled gently at her.

"It's been a long time since we last saw each other, hasn't it?" Josephine forced a smile as she noticed how his Hazel eyes stared at her with such a soft look.

"Yeah, it's been at least four years." Daniel could hear his team mate, Nico, awkwardly shuffling away from behind him.

He noticed how she pushed stray hairs behind her ear, even if they weren't there, which he knew must have been part of the reason why she seemed to fidget so much.

He was incredibly surprised that she had remembered him, because whilst they barely really spoke back when she had dated Jules, and Sebastian, she was a very difficult person to forget.

He had always wondered what she had been doing with her life after the death of his best friend and her fiancé, and he had always wondered if maybe she had moved on and got a happy ending with someone else.

That, was proven to be false as he not only took in her appearance, but also read about her online.

Multiple male celebrities had mentioned in interviews that they had tried to date the Australian model called Josephine Rankin, but found that she just wasn't interested at all, and would rebuff their advances instantly.

It made him worry about her and her her health, both physical and mental.

He knew that Jules would not want his love to be running herself in to the ground.

He hoped that he could help her, and at the same time, hope that she could help him.

Because they both needed it.

____________________________________________________

A/N

They've officially met properly!!

A little awkward, but it's getting better!

My poor little Josie

Enjoy!

-RUBY