Mikey catches your eyes, quirks a brow.

"Mikey i—"

Mikey raises a hand, Sanzu shuts up almost immediately. "come in, dear. i believe you have something you want to say to me?"

"d-did you hear?"

he shakes his head. "not in full detail but i can hear both of your voices from the other side of the door. so, what brings you here. i don't believe you are fully well yet to be moving around so much, y/n."

there is an embarrassing blush heating your cheeks, you clear your throat. "i'm well enough and i don't suppose you had forgotten our little deal."

Mikey decides to play dumb, tilting his head. "and what deal was that, please help me recall."

you refrain from gritting your teeth, your nails sinking into your palm. "my involvement with Quoia, the active bounty on my head, my value to you. please let me participate." to take the first step. there's a long silence. Sanzu dares to speak up from the heavy tension. "like what Mikey said, we need you in perfect shape before you get fully involved. pulling you around to assist while you aren't fully recovered would be proven a little challenging than normal, it will hinder our progress—"

"sure, you're hired." Mikey quips. three pairs of eyes turn towards the silver-haired, wide and surprised.

"w-wait what—"

"Takeomi." Mikey starts, straightening from his position.

"yes boss?" you can feel his onyx eyes on your figure, he tilts his chin in your direction. "for her first day, she'll be tagging along with you to settle the security with B1. let her take a gripping of how Bonten works—oh, and ask those two for any news on the stakeout mission i've asked for them to handle."

you see the dark-haired man hesitating, "you sure about this?"

Mikey taps his finger on the desk, "B1 isn't unsafe for her to go, and i believe there are some familiar faces there that are willing to take care of her if ever you are too busy to watch her. we do need a faster progress in marking Quoia's echelon, and i trust in her abilities to not fuck up—" you feel his heated gaze piercing through you.

"you wouldn't dare to fail me, right my dear?"

your breath hitches, you shake your head and Mikey seems satisfied. "well, that settles it. you two, you may be on your way."

"Mikey." Sanzu urges again.

"Sanzu, it sounds like you have a few complaints to my decision?" Mikey challenges, an etch of frustration crosses Sanzu's face before his shoulder stiffen then droop.

"no, sir."

"then you are dismissed, Haruchiyo." Mikey says with stern, you don't miss the way Sanzu sends you a glower, walking out of the room without another word. Takeomi lets out an exhale, watching his uncouth brother disappear from view.

"i'll prepare the car." he starts when he could no longer see Sanzu from the corner, landing his gentle eyes on you, he nods. "ten minutes."