Bait And Betrayal

Começar do início

"Just remember only to do it if I start levitating otherwise it could mess things up." He nods at my reminder.

"You have a happy memory in mind?"

"Yeah."

"Am I there by any chance?"

"Maybe..." I laugh. Before I can tell him what it is, I feel his presence. Vecna...

"Y/N? Shit."

When I awake, I find myself standing inside the Creel house. My heart is beating out of my chest. Why would I be here? It doesn't make sense.

"Hello, Y/N. Or should I say 012..." I hear Vecna's familiar low growl as his eyes appear in the darkness.

"Henry. What am I doing here? Surely you should kill me where I am. You've already killed in front of Eddie - why not do it again? Seems like the kind of shit you'd pull."

"I am not here to kill you."

"What?" I give him a confused look. "Killing is your thing - you've been setting me up to kill me."

"I had a change of heart." Didn't think that was possible. "I'm here to make you an offer."

"What could you possibly offer me?"

"Join me. Together we can reshape the world."

"Why would I join you?"

"Because the world has rejected us. They see us as monsters or they don't see us at all. We are alike - you and I."

"We aren't the same, Henry. I have friends here who need me."

"Friends? Is that what you call them?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"They were so quick to disregard you. They didn't waste a second to offer you up as bait."

"They didn't want to."

"They didn't think twice. They didn't fight for you. They gave up on you."

"That's not true. Eddie never gives up on me. Never."

"He will soon enough - they all do."

"No. You're wrong."

"Your naivety blinds you, Y/N. Your whole life you have been alone. I've only ever been kind to you. I saved you that day. These 'friends' don't care for you. They rarely invite you to anything. They ignore you unless they need you. Why do you think they keep you around?" I stay in silence as I reflect on my life. "They are using you, Y/N."

"No." I cry as I realise he could be telling the truth.

"They are using you to get to me." I stare at the ground as the tears fall. "Join me. We can work together and be what we were born to be." He lifts my chin gently with his gruesome and unnatural hand.

"Even if I said yes, I don't have my powers anymore. What use would I be?"

"I can give you your power back."

"You can?"

"Yes. Come home and I will help you."

"I don't know."

"Either you are with me or against me. I'll be waiting." He suddenly disappears and I find myself gasping for air as Eddie panics by my side.

"Holy shit! Y/N, you okay?" Eddie cups my face as I come to my senses.

"Yeah... I'm okay..." I catch my breath and spring out of my seat.

"What are you doing?" I ignore him and grab a pen and paper to write the new plan without Henry hearing. I hand him the paper.