"What the- What the fuck happened out there?!"

He whispered as he pulled back, Ryan standing behind him. He sounded so worried and so panicked that it only made you feel like you made the right decision more.

"I couldn't just leave you two in here with...well, whatever that was. I shot the thing with the gun and ran in here to get you two. It should be dead by now."

"You could've gotten hurt!"

Ryan replied incredulously.

"Yeah, but I didn't."

You reassured in return. He sighed, shaking his head.

"Thank you. It was all up on the roof right before you guys got here..."

Ryan trailed off, seeming equally freaked out as Dylan.

"The roof?! Yeah, no way that's a bear. It had these huge fangs and...I don't know, let's just get out of here." You stopped suddenly, noticing how you really didn't have anywhere to go. "Not that we can go back to the lodge. One of the friendly locals decided to say hi."

"There's someone in the lodge?"

"Psycho guy who's been after us all night."

You confirmed.  

I'm only just realizing how fucked we are no matter what we do.

"What now?"

Dylan asked. You thought on it for a moment. You definitely couldn't go back to the lodge, not now at least, but you couldn't really stay in here either. If there was one of these things, there could be more and you were now almost certain that this was the thing that had attacked Nick.

God, Jacob and Emma are still out there...

"Is the bear really dead?"

You snapped out of your thoughts.

"Okay, first of all, not a bear Ryan. Second of all, yeah we should be good to go. No way that thing could've survived a shotgun blast like that without at least getting-"

Everyone in the room flinched and yelled as something jumped onto the roof of the radio hut with no warning. The entire hut shook upon the harsh impact and you found yourself immediately picking the gun back up from the floor, similar to Ryan who already had his in his hands.

"Yeah, I don't think it's dead (Y/N)!"

Dylan said. He was on the verge of tears, pacing inside the hut while steering clear of the windows. You pulled the gun up to the roof. You could hear something moving on top of it.

"I don't understand! It shouldn't be alive or at least it shouldn't be able to move! I fucking shot it!"

Fuck fuck fuck fuck

PATH UPDATED

Helping Hand: (Y/N) shot at the unknown animal to help Dylan and Ryan and ran into the radio hut. - Dylan, Ryan, and (Y/N) got stuck in the radio hut when the shot didn't kill the animal.

Panicking fully now, your hands clenched further around the gun.

"How is it up there then?!"

"Ryan, I don't know!"

You almost screamed at him.

"I'm sorry!" He said, as distressed as you and Dylan. "I'm just- We gotta get out of here!"

"Dylan, is there anything we can do?"

You asked desperately as you returned the gun onto your back.

"I don't know! I- I don't know!"