"I know. I know. It's okay. We're — we're going to get you help, I promise." Steve told Y/n, voice trembling as he did. Max sobbed as she watched the girl she began looking up to struggle for life in front of her.

"M — Max? Is that you?" Y/n questioned, gasping for air. "Yes, yes. It's — it's me. I'm here. Just — just hold on, okay." Max choked out through her cries as she grabbed ahold of Y/n's and and holding it tightly.

"Steve, I'm scared. I'm so scared, I'm so so scared." Y/n admitted, sobs wracking through her body. "I know. I know, you are. Just please hold on for little bit, please." Steve desperately said, leaning his bloody and sweaty forehead against Y/n's own.

"I — I don't wanna die, Steve. I don't want to go. Steve, I don't want to die!" Y/n harshly sobbed out as Steve and Max began crying out for the girl.

"You're — You're not going die on me, Hopper. I — I won't let that happen. Just hang on." Steve whispered, shutting his eyes tightly as tears begin dropping onto Y/n's bloody tear-stained face.

"Steve, I don't want to go." Y/n sobbed out, head shaking frantically. "You're not going anywhere. I promise." Steve told the girl, lifting his head up.

"Do you — do you remember what I told you when I said I'd want six little nuggets?" Steve asked, eyes searching Y/n's face. Y/n wordlessly nodded, brows furrowed in wonder and confusion.

"It was you. You were who I imagined having those six nuggets with. It's been you all along, Y/n." Steve confessed, "I love you. I fucking love you so please don't leave me."

"Don't leave me, please."

Y/n sobbed as she heard those words fall out of Steve's mouth — having wished to hear those words for so long — she just wished it was under different and better circumstances.

"I love you too, Steve. I've always loved you." Y/n confessed, harsh sobs breaking out as she knew she would never get to utter those words to Steve anymore. Steve held the girls head dearly to his chest as he sobbed and nodded — rocking each other back n forth.

"Where the hell is Sinclair — Lucas, hurry up!" Steve exasperatingly yelled out, looking back down at the unmoving body he held — pulling Y/n's face away from his chest.

Max began to break out in full on hysterical cries as she saw the emotionless look on the older girls face — no cries or sounds coming from her any longer.

"Y/n? Hey, hey. Come on, now. Wake up." Steve begged, "Wake up! Y/n, come on! Please! Stay with me, damn it!"

"Please!" Steve desperately said, shaking the unresponsive girl. Steve sobbed as he leaned his head back — letting out a painful anguishing sob.

"Y/n!" Eleven screamed out.

Eleven sobbed as she vigorously shook her head, she wasn't about to lose the only family she had left. She couldn't.

"No." Eleven whispered, "You're not leaving me."

"You can't."

Eleven shakily exhaled as she leaning towards her sister, placing her hand onto her chest. Eleven closed her eyes as memories began flashing into her head.

(You'll always be my little sister, El. No matter how much you grow.)

(Here, listen to Ghost — I promise you'll love them.)

(Mike can't control you, El. You're your own person. You make your own decisions.)

(You look beautiful. You'll definitely catch Wheeler's attention when you arrive to the Snowball.)

(Come here. I wanna have some sister bonding with you.)

(We can watch Breakfast Club — I heard it's good from my friends.)

(You're okay, El. I've got you.)

(Powers or no powers, you'll always be special — to me, to everyone. Nothings going to change, kid.)

(I love you, El.)