Talking To The Dead

Začít od začátku

"I have an idea." Here we go. "What if you let me possess you and I can continue DMing. I could keep Hellfire going from beyond the grave."

"As much as I would love to do that, I can't. Nobody knows I can do this."

"You can still do it. It's just the Hellfire guys."

"They don't know anything we've been doing the last few years. There's a reason nobody else knows about El. Besides, there's no way they'd believe me. They'd think I'm insane." I explain as I continue walking to my sign.

"That's why you should do it!" He's determined to get me to agree. "Yeah, this sounds crazy. But... It's perfect for a campaign."

"Eddie, I can't! I'm not risking them knowing too." I shut him down. "Shit." I say under my breath as I look up.

"Shit."

What I didn't realise is how close I've got to everyone else before snapping. Everyone stares at me - though Dustin looks the most confused and heartbroken. What have I done?

"People grieve in different ways." Steve tries to comfort him.

"Yes, but she really can see him." El tells the group.

"El!" I shake my head as my eyes plead her not to say anything.

"She can communicate with the dead." She ignores me.

"El!" I scold her.

"What?" Most of them question it whilst they all state at me.

"Y/N, is that true?" My dad asks me.

"Yeah, it's true." I reluctantly answer and look down.

"You've had powers this entire time and never thought to use them?" Steve raises his voice slightly in frustration.

"Or mention them?" Lucas adds.

"They've never been useful ever. The only reason I said I didn't have any in the first place was because I was embarrassed. In the lab, they couldn't understand why I was so different. I was papa's greatest failure." I tear up.

"You're not a failure." Eddie assures me as my dad comes to comfort me.

"He was a monster. He was the failure, not you." He hugs me.

"I'm sorry." I apologise to the group before redirecting my focus. "Dustin, I wanted to tell you. I didn't how or if it was safe. This hasn't happened before. I don't how or why but Eddie has been here with me for a couple weeks." I cry as Dustin comes I over to me.

"It's okay, I get it." He says with tears in his eyes before hugging me.

"I should've told you." I state as I hug him back. Suddenly, I feel another pair of arms. "Thanks, Eds." I smile to myself.

"What'd he say?" Dustin asks as he backs away slightly.

"Nothing. He just hugged us."

"I love you, Eddie." Dustin wipes away his tears.

"He loves you too. So much."

I realise that the only way to move on with the changes is tell the group everything. We all pile ourselves into mostly finished cabin. I take a seat in front of the others as they stare once again. I take a deep breath and try to figure out where to start.

"Y/N, you don't have to do this." Nancy speaks up.

"I do."

"You sure?" Jonathan asks - I nod in response and gather the right words.