Chapter 3

Kiara had reached Pratham's home just now. Everyone was getting ready, there was a hustle-bustle. When she saw him, he looked handsome in his cream sherwani but what stood out the most was his smile maybe. He was radiating happiness and had a constant smile on his face.

"God please keep him happy always..just like this"

"Kiara yaar kidhar thi? idhar mujhe nervousness ho rahi hain..accha suno I am looking good na?

"Pata hai meri Ashi se iss baare mein baat h nahi hui...Bass humare family ki hui ek dusre se..Yaar kahi sab juldi toh nahi ho rha?"

He said panicking

"Mr. Pratham Soni you are looking very good and don't worry everything would be alright..Now let's go"

She assured him and he smiled.

"Umm..wese you are also looking good I don't know what I would have done without you"

"Wohi hota Jo Manzoor e Khuda hota"

"Hasi nahi ayi"

"Apka ka sense of humour margaya hai ab kidhar hasi ayegi"

They were bickering when Pratham's mother entered.

"Arey tum log fir ladna shuru hogaye jaana hai late horahi hai."

"Ji bas hum ready hain chalein."

After 20 min they reached Ashi's house. Her parents welcomed them however they were looking uncomfortable.

They were seated in lounge when Ashi's parents left the lounge. Everyone was getting confused as to what is happening.

Who leaves guest like this also this was an important occasion..After sometimes her parents returned.

"What happened? Is everything alright? You guys seem troubled. If there is any problem tell us"

Pratham's mother asked.

"Mae batati hu."

Just then Ashi entered the room. She was dressed casually as if she was not ready for their arrival.

"Why the hell is Ashi behaving so weird.. seems like she isn't interested."

"I don't want to marry him, I love someone else" said Ashi

That is where she dropped the bomb and everybody stood up in shock. Pratham went towards her.

"Ashi this is a very bad joke please be serious..pls tell you're pranking aren't you?"asked on the verge of crying

"I am damn serious...Mae Ayush ko pasand karti hu, mujhe tum se shaadi nahi karni. Tum se engagement bhi sirf isliye ki thi ki usko jealous kar saku... Aur pata hai us ne mujhe propose bhi kardiya kal.. Pratham, I am sorry but I love him. Mom dad bhi meri baat nahi man rahe. Main tum se shaadi nahi karskti"

One-sided love hurts but betrayal in love is a next-level pain.

Everybody looked at her shocked. Pratham's eyes were blood red. He wanted to shout at her ask her so many questions so many.

But he managed to ask just one.

"Why?" He wispered

"Kyunki mae usey pyaar karti hu..or it was the only way that seemed right to me that time although I knew it was wrong very -ve-ry wrong"

And she ran away.

Ohh how wrong she was.

Everyone was rooted at their place when Pratham walked away, Kiara ran after him.

"Pratham yaar ruk jao"

But he had already drove away in his car. Kiara was so worried for Pratham and she kept calling him but he was not picking up his phone.

Inside Ashi's parents kept apologizing on Ashi's behalf, but what is the use of crying over spilt milk.

Rohan's POV

He kept driving, he didn't even know where he was going. He just wanted to go somewhere far. When he stopped the car with jerk near the bridge and got down. He opened few buttons of his suit because it was suffocating and he stood there looking at the sky and the river.

"Why Ashi?What was my mistake!?Why did you play with my feelings? why?"

He was crying helplessly

"Mana kardeti, mera use kyu kiya? Kya mila yeh karke."

Ashi was a selfish woman

"Galti ki Jo Tumse pyaar kra"

The sky and stars witnessed his painful agony and the night became a little darker than it already was.

He was so happy just a few hours ago, he was satisfied with having everything in his life and just a few hours ago life happened and here he was bared of everything that meant so many things to him.

Today the definition of love has changed for him..He loved her truly and that's why today instead of hating her he was hating himself hating love hating every single thing except.. except her.

"That is what love does it ruins more than it brings peace."

••••