Hinata shook her head to get rid of those negative thoughts.

She reached her room and brought out the first aid kit that Penelope used to treat her needle wounds.

Hinata's expression darkened.

She didn't want to go back.... but Hinata never went back on her word. 

She walked back to Reynold's room and knocked thrice.

"Go away!" - Reynold

She entered the room, nonetheless.

He was laying on his bed, with an arm covering his face.

"Didn't you hear me?! I said- !" - Reynold

His words died on his tongue as he saw who the person was.

"Penelope?! Wh-What are you doing in here?!" - Reynold

"I said I'll take care of you, didn't I? I'll never go back on my word." - Hinata

A few moments later

She gently bandaged his forearm, where she had hit him.

"Where'd you get the kit from?"- Reynold

"I had it in my room. For emergency purposes." - Hinata

A silence stretched for almost 10 minutes before Reynold decided to break it.

"I didn't know you could fight." - Reynold

"You don't know anything about me. No one does. Because no one ever tries to know me. And you.... well... you only see me as a stupid slave, don't you?" - Hinata

Thats what you always called Penelope, didn't you?

He opened his mouth in denial but Hinata cut him off.

"I have finished wrapping the bandages. I'm sure you'll be fine on your own now. Then I'll leave." - Hinata

She left his room, not noticing his stretched out hand.

Time skip

Hinata sometimes received glimpses of Penelope's past lives.

This was Penelope's way of sharing her memories with Hinata.

Out of all the nobility, the only one who never badmouthed her was a white haired, purple eyed man. Even though he was the one who brought Yvonne to Penelope's Coming of Age Ceremony.

But there was something only she noticed...

Vinter 's eyes....... were really......dull. As if they were empty.....

As if he was nothing but a..... puppet.

Hinata Pov

I don't understand....

According to Penelope's memories of Vinter before the Leila arrived were really nice. As if she respected him.... Because he was the only noble who didn't look down on commoners. 

But why would a person like Vinter choose to bring back Yvonne on Penelope's birthday....?

I receive only glimpses of Penelope's lives. Not answers...

So I have to figure everything out on my own.

I don't know what kind of powers the Leila has. One of them is that she can possess bodies...

I doubt she needed to do anything else....

She was in Yvonne's body and everyone loves Yvonne. But everyone hates Penelope.

It's obvious who'd win in a one sided match like this.

Aaah.....

It seems like I can't do this on my own...

I need an ally.

"- lady." - ???

Eclise and Callisto.... I doubt they are good choices....

Derrick and Reynold have hated Penelope since the beginning.

"- lady?" - ???

So the only choice I have left is to bring the magician on my side....

"- lady!" -???

Marquis Vinter Berdandi.......

Here I come.

"My lady!" -???

I snapped out of my thoughts. I turned around and was met with  Emily's concerned gaze.

"My lady..... I have been calling you for a really long time.... You have already passed your chambers.... Is something worrying you...? Please tell me.... I'll do my best to help you...." - Emily

...

You were one of the main reasons Penelope was always on edge.

If a maid was able to harm a noble lady, obviously she'd be afraid of the nobles who had more power than a maid....

Don't act all friendly with me.

Never. Never. I'll never forgive any of you!

"Forget it. A coward like you won't be able to help me anyways." - Hinata

(I may have made Hinata act a bit different. But I think its fine because nothing originally happened for her to be mad. So in a situation like this even the kindest person would be mad.)

I heard her gasp as I made my way to my room.

"My lady....! My-!" - Emily

I looked at her over my shoulder.

Her eyes were wide in horror.

"M-My lady... Your eyes....!" - Emily

It took me a second to realize what she meant.

In the heat of the moment, I accidentally activated my Byakugan!

I turned towards the door.

Deactivating my Byakugan, I put on a polite smile.

"Could you get me something to eat?" - Hinata

"Of course....!" - Emily

She left but she kept glancing back at me. Probably concerned.

But when Yvonne comes back, she'll probably be the first one to turn her back on me.

I can't trust anyone from the duchy. The closer they are to me.... the easier for them to stab me in the back.

So I can only trust someone who's not from the duchy.

———

Do comment you guys!

———

I do not own 'Death Is The Only Ending For The Villainess' and 'Naruto'.

See you all in next chapter! 👋

–ItsKateD