Chapter 5

Pairing: Pairing: Javier Peña x fem!reader (reader has a latina name but no physical descriptions)

Word Count: 4500+

Rating: M for mature - 18+ only! NSFW

Warnings: Just like ao3, "creator chooses not to use warnings." If you click Keep Reading, that means you agree that you're the age to handle mature themes. Also by clicking Keep Reading, you understand warnings may not be complete in order to avoid spoilers for the story.

A/N: Thank you everyone for the response and positive vibes from the intro of this series. Comments and reblogs are always appreciated! Here we go :)

To my helpers thank you all

CHAPTER 5

Over the next couple of weeks, you and Javi got closer, but nothing went beyond that; it was just straight work oriented. Your partnership was spectacular. You complimented each other. Not having anyone to go home to, late nights for both of you was becoming the new norm. Every night a different take out place for dinner. Javi and you would eat in his office and have late conversations whether it was work related or personal. Each one of you is fighting through your feelings towards each other. Lust filled glances exchanged throughout the day at each other, but that path was never crossed between the both of you.. Since that night at your apartment ,the almost kiss was never mentioned or even tried again. It was as if nothing happened. You were starting to like him more, but you didn't know if he felt the same about you.

Thursday night

"Come on Val! You need to come to my wedding! I haven't seen you since you left." She yelled across the phone.

Lea, a family friend from back home, was the only person that knew almost everything that was going on in your life, especially about your new crush. Finding out that she was engaged made you feel excited and happy for her. Finding out that she was having her wedding in Cali, her fiance's hometown made you unsure that you wanted to go. After the struggles of this past year going to a wedding was something that you didn't want to be part of.

"I don't know Lea. I'm swamped at work." As much as you wanted to see Lea you weren't in the mood to celebrate love especially having to go alone.

"Oh with that hot agent of yours?"

Flustered by her response, you quickly shut it down. "What?! No! Nothing has happened between us since that night. He hasn't mentioned or said anything about it since then". It had been weeks since that night. Even though your work relationship with him did become better, it just stayed that way "professional". The commissioner noticed a difference in your partnership. The both of you complimented each other.

"Wait a minute. You are going to tell me since that night nothing has happened between you two? Don't you both work late every single day? He hasn't made a move?? What's wrong with him?" Lea was persistent in wanting answers from you.

"We are trying to be professional Lea. Plus, I was the one that didn't want it to go further." You lean against the wall, hand to your face in defeat. You did want it to go further, but did Javi even feel the same?

"Come on, woman!. From what you have told me that man has a reputation for fucking every woman he sees walk right by him. You need to unwind from the craziness that is happening, and my wedding is the perfect excuse. Ask him to come with you. I'm sure he'll say yes."

You started fidgeting the phone cord and questioning if you should ask him. "I don't know, I'll think about it and let you know."

"Just do it, Estrellita! Where is the confident, resilient woman that I grew up with. What's the worst he can say? No!" Lea was giving you the courage that you needed. Maybe it was worth a shot at asking him.