𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗

1967

"DADA! DADA!"

A one-and-a-half-year-old Roxanne cooed eagerly from the crib her father had built in his office. The blonde baby was easily keeping herself upright, having taken her first steps at 7 months, but her patience was growing thin, as was obvious from her voice.

"I'm right here, sweetheart, give me a second," Barry Sommers softly said to his only daughter as he finished up his report for his new job.

"Dada!" Roxanne shouted.

Barry yelped when a very hard toy truck flew into the back of his head. He turned to look at his baby in shock, not recalling having placed the truck in her crib earlier. He quickly dismissed it, believing that he must have forgotten. Not wanting to get hit in the head for the fifth time that week, he shut off his computer and spun in his chair to face his baby girl.

"Okay I'm done," he grinned, mirroring the toddler's, "I'm all yours now, Roxy-bear," he called out, standing up. He then walked over to where the child had been extending her arms in his direction.

"Dada," she repeated in a more satisfied tone.

"Yes, my beautiful girl, I'm here," Barry whispered as he cradled his daughter in his arms, gently rocking her near the window of his home office.

"You two look awful cozy," Roberta's voice rang out from the doorway.

Barry and Roxanne turned their blonde heads to look at her simultaneously.

"Mama!" the toddler excitedly shouted.

Roberta laughed as she stepped into the room and took the young girl out of her father's arms. "There's some leftover dinner downstairs for you, Bar," she told her husband.

"Thanks, baby," Barry smiled before pressing a kiss onto his wife's forehead and exiting the room.

Roxanne yawned softly, her head soon finding itself in the crook of Roberta's neck. "Let's go get you cleaned up and ready for bed, baby girl," the young mother whispered as she made her way to the nursery.

Roberta hummed quietly while bathing and eventually clothing her daughter. The toddler's green eyes struggled to remain open once she was placed in her crib. Roberta leaned over and pressed a chaste kiss to the toddler's head. "Sweet dreams, baby girl," she mumbled before turning off the lights and leaving the room.

Roberta marched down the stairs and into the kitchen to meet her husband's inquisitive eyes. "Is she down?" Barry questioned.

"Shockingly, yes," the 25-year-old blonde replied before taking a seat beside where her husband sat eating.

"Hmmm," Barry mumbled as he continued eating.

Roberta reached over and grabbed the open bottle of beer her husband had been indulging in. "Hey!" Barry playfully called out before taking the bottle back.