Chapter 3

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Mounds of earth shoot up as one of the creatures heads straight for Shino. The commotion causes flocks of birds to fly up from trees.

"Shino, it's heading straight for you!" Hinata warns as she and I run beside it.

Our mission is to destroy the centipedes that were summoned by a rogue ninja of the Hidden Stone Village. There are three to be precise, and they were as big as the Hokage tower.

"Right," Says Shino as he holds out his hands. He sends out insects to try to halt the giant centipede. The centipede launches out of the earth with a furious screech and lunges for Shino. He sends out his insects to form a wall in order to stop it.

"Kiba!" I call.

"On it! Fang Over Fang!" Kiba calls back just as he and Akamaru drill around the centipede. It only hurts the insect but barely causes any damage. Kiba tries again before landing before me and Hinata. He lets out a scowl. "It's impossible to destroy these things!"

"So it would seem," I mutter before I stand next to Shino, activating my Sharingan. I do hand signs. "Fire Style: Blazing Needle." I blow out three needles of fire at the centipede. We watch as it screeches in pain and irritation.

"It would seem as though its irritated by fire or any hot element," Shino notes. I nod my head in agreement.

"You might be on to something, Shino." I do a set of hand signs. He drops the wall of insects at the right moment. "Lightning Style: Cross Thunder." I thrust out my hands to send a beam of lightning at the centipede just as it lunges for us again, mouth agape. The centipede snaps its jaws closed around the beam of lightning before its head is boasted off from its body.

The head of the first centipede hits the earth with a squishy thud.

"Whoa," Kiba breathes. I send my teammates a grin until a second centipede rears up out of the earth behind them.

I say warningly as I whirl to Kiba and Hinata, "Move out of the way!" They both leap away with Akamaru just in time as I activate my Tengan and focus on my Crystal Release. "Crystal Style: Crystal Wall Eighth Formation!" Crystal rises up around the centipede and imprisons it. A smirk tugs at my lips. "Hmph. Gotcha."

"Way to go, Kimi-chan!" Kiba cheers.

"That was really impressive," Says Hinata.

"We've still got one more to go," Shino reminds us.

"Where is the third one anyway?" Asks Kiba as he gazes around.

"Byakugan!" Hinata activates her Byakugan and searches for the third centipede. "Kimiko! It's coming at you from 2' 0 clock!"

I leap away just as said centipede lunges out of the ground, roaring. "It's time for you to fry!" I focus my Lightning Release. "Lightning Release: Thunder God Palace." The centipede stops its attack as it continuously zapped by multiple bolts of lightning.

Once the lightning Jutsu stops, the centipede crashes to the ground.

Suddenly, there's a crack and a boom as my Crystal Jutsu is destroyed when the centipede jolts upwards, roaring in fury.

"Kimiko!" Kiba and Hinata shout as I sheathe my katanas.

"Shit," I curse whirling to the final centipede. I blink my eyes when Shino surrounds it with a wall of insects. I give give him a grateful look.

"Let's go, Akamaru! Fang Over Fang!" Kiba and Akamaru drill at high speeds towards the centipede and graze it deeply.

"Air Palm!" Hinata thrusts her right palm forward and sends out a vacuum of air. It hits the centipede's head and knocks it sideways but the centipede was only enraged further.

"Do it again," I say, gaining her attention.

Hinata nods once as her face fills with determination. "Okay. I'll give it a try." She faces the giant insect as she raises herself. "Air Palm!"

Hinata thrusts her hand forward and chakra infused air slams powerfully into the centipede, making it angry.

Hinata goes to use the technique again but was forced to dodge by the furious centipede. Kiba and I run over to her as Shino holds back the centipede.

"Hinata! Are you okay?" I ask, standing beside the bluenette.

She sits up as Hinata responds, "I'm fine. I can try it again." I nod as Kiba and I step back to give Hinata some space. She casts her Jutsu once more and the final attack ends the centipede.

It topples to the ground. Hinata dives to the side just as the centipede crashes onto the floor. The centipede doesn't get up again.

"Alright, we did it!" Kiba cheers, fist pumping the air.

I say to Hinata as the Hyuga girl turns to us, "Nicely done, Hinata! That was incredible!"

Sending me a smile, Hinata says, "Thank you, Kimiko."

"You may have destroyed my summonings," Says a voice and we look to see a woman with short blonde hair and blue eyes standing before us with two nodachi swords, brandishing them, "but you still have me to go through!"

"I take it you're Miwa Kamishiro?" I question almost boredly. I take note of the Hidden Stone Village headband with a slash through it on his forehead.

"That's right! And you're finished, Leaf ninja!" Miwa charges towards us with her nodachi at the ready.