Grief (Reader x Sunny)

Kel kept on knocking at my door, extremely annoying, of course. I opened it.
"Hey, hey, Y/N! Guess what?" He yelled in excitement. I glared at him, then yawned. I barely slept at all and my voice would sound so strange because I just woke up.

"What?" I said quietly. He made a huge grin and I glared still, I'm not going to smile when he wakes me up at 5:00 am!

"Well, Sunny actually looked at me through his window! Maybe he'll join us at the park today, or maybe he'll join us for ice cream, or maybe we could... ALL GO SWIMMING!!" Kel screeched loudly.
"Isn't Sunny afraid of swimming? Like, I don't think he can swim." I said quietly as I glanced at Sunny's house.

Kel frowned, yup, he was going to tell me Sunny needed to work harder to get better at it.

"Let's go to his house and convince him to go swimming with us and he'll get better at it!" He yelled as a very positive grin appeared on his face.

I couldn't stop but say yes, Kel is hard to say no to. So I got dressed and we went to Sunny's house. As we were walking to it, tons of memories came rushing back to me. When we were all 12, Mari would invite everyone to her house, and we would hangout for hours, but ever sense she passed, we hadn't seen anyone leave or enter the house besides Sunny's mother.

Kel knocked on the door loudly, way louder than he had at my house. We heard steps coming to the door, and then the sound of unlocking. As the door opened slowly we could see an old friend peeking at us from behind the door. Sunny was very pale, way paler than he was 4 years ago. He was wearing a white collared shirt with a black vest. As he opened the door, we could see he was wearing brown shorts with white socks.

He looked at me and then at Kel.
"Hey Sunny!!" Kel screamed. I had to put my hands on my ears to prevent them from bleeding. Sunny looked at Kel with a emotionless face.

"Hi, Sunny," I said calmly as he looked at me. He was trying not to smile at me, but that's fine, I wouldn't smile at me either! Kel looked at him and got ready to speak like he was giving a speech about how Orange Joe was the best drink ever and you can't say otherwise.

"So, Sunny, we decided we're going to go swimming today. Don't worry, though! We'll bring 10 life jackets for you and a few floaties too. We don't want our good friend to drown," Kel said happily as Sunny looked at him again.
Sunny looked like he was regretting opening the door, and he nodded in agreement, at least, that's what it looked like. Then, he closed the door. We waited a few minutes and after that Sunny came downstairs with a bag, maybe holding clothing for swimming at the lake.

It took a bit, but we finally got to the lake. Surprisingly, there was a girl with pink hair with a few other people. It looked like a boy with blonde hair and a pinkish flower in his hair was getting bullied by them. Kel was glaring at the girl with pink hair. She walked over to him with a bat with nails in it behind her.
"Aubrey, why are you guys bullying Basil? We want to have a nice lake day without you guys bothering us. Okay, please? It would be very appreciated," Kel said nicely to Aubrey and the other people bullying Basil.

I was stunned to find out Aubrey dyed her hair pink, but I shouldn't be surprised. She wanted to dye her hair that color years ago. She told the group of people to leave and they ran off quickly and she walked over to Basil.

"I'm tired of everything. No one cared when Mari died! None of you! None of you were there either! All of you left the friend group, and time went way too quick! I made new friends, better than you guys!" Aubrey screamed at us. She turned around and started pushing Basil to the end of the dock. He looked so terrified and scared. She stared into his eyes deeply and then pushed him into the lake. Kel started yelling at Aubrey.

I ran over to the water to make sure he was there or okay, but he was nowhere to be seen, and then Sunny ran over to the dock and jumped in quickly. I was worrying way too much about him, he can't swim, AT ALL! I couldn't do anything, not even move. I was way too shocked with everything that was happening so I stood still like deer in headlights.

Then Kel started screaming at Aubrey even more and I was worrying about Basil and Sunny, then we heard someone running on the grass and they jumped into the water. It was way too fast for me to see who was there. After a few more minutes of me worrying, it looked like someone familiar was coming out of the water. He had Basil and Sunny with him. Then, he walked over to me, Kel, and Aubrey. I finally recognized him. It was-
"HERO!" Kel shouted happily. I glared at him, but smiled afterward. I was going over to Sunny and Basil's unconscious bodies. Hero was looking at Sunny's face.

Sunny started opening his eyes and he saw Hero staring at him. I looked at Sunny and said, "Hey, it's okay. We're here! Hero saved you, it was amazing." Sunny looked back at me and smiled for a moment before Kel ran over, Sunny went back to having a neutral face.

———————————

SO UH YEAH I KNOW NO ONE WANTED THIS, BUT I DID! I'M A REALLY BIG SUNNY SIMP SO THIS WAS A GIFT TO MYSELF! Might make a part two to this little story I created. Remember to give ideas, it would be appreciated! 💡
-vi

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 28, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

OMORI Oneshots (Suggest Them!)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें