Chapter 13: Sunshine

Začít od začátku

Holy fucking shit!! I could've died right then and there. Sasha suddenly felt a pang in her stomach, which had really started hurting ever since she took those tablets.

"Whatever," she mumbled, pushing her wet hair back and glaring at herself in the mirror.
"It's time to face Anne."

.:.

Anne was sitting with her back against the bathroom door in the hallway, with a tear stained face. Suddenly, she fell backwards as the door opened.
"WoAH-"
She hit the floor dramatically and threw her legs in the air.
"Sorry Anne."
Anne immediately stood up facing Sasha with a serious look.
"Sasha forget school. We need to talk. For real. This is some serious shit."
Sasha looked at the floor.
"I know..."
They both headed to Anne's bedroom and just sat there with each other for a while. Sasha finally spoke.

"So what do you wanna know?"
"... I want to know what happened to your face." She sounded concerned. Sasha desperately fought to find an excuse but none came to mind. What am I meant to say, that I fucking tripped and it left a hand shaped mark on my face!?
She looked at her fiddling hands.
"...it was obviously my dad."
Anne went stiff.
"...but why..."
Sasha lay back on the bed with her arms out.
"I told you, Anne. I came out to my Dad-"
"Wait Wait Wait..." she said waving her hands.
"He hit you because you told him that you were a lesbian?"

Sashas face turned red and she nodded.
"...what the actual fuck!? That douchebag, that's not fair!"
Sasha just looked at Anne with wide eyes.
"Sasha, why didn't you just go to your moms?"
She shrugged.
"I dunno, she's busy a lot. Plus I was meant to go see her in two days anyway."
Anne lay down on the bed too, listening closely.
"I mean I was gonna head there tonight, but it was like really far away, so i just came... here."
Anne smiled.

"Well...," she said, interlocking her fingers with Sasha's while blushing slightly. Sasha had turned into a tomato. ",...I'm glad you did."
The both grinned at each other and then just gazed at the roof, still holding hands, in comfortable silence.
Anne was glad that they were both looking up because she could feel herself blushing smiling like an idiot.
This is the best. Sasha was never like this before Amphibia.
She turned her head to look at Sasha who was still gazing off, thinking about things. Her shiny blonde hair was slightly dry now and lay in golden strands, twisting around her. Her blue eyes were piercing, even though Anne could barely see them. And her skin was so pale, yet soft...
Anne sat bolt upright.

Holy.... shit.

Sasha snapped out of her trance and spun to look at Anne.
Anne's face was drained of colour and her eyes were wide with realisation.
"Anne? What's wrong, are you ok-!?"
"UH- I forgot something I'll be right back!" She said, standing up and quickly walking out of her room, leaving Sasha thoroughly confused.
Anne covered her face with her hands as she arrived in the guest room and slumped down on the ground.
"Do I.... Do I like Sash!?" She whispered, looking at the ground intensely.
"I didn't even know that I liked girls, wouldn't I have known that by now? But I like boys, so what does that mean? Does that make me bisexual?"
Anne quickly shook her head and slapped her cheeks.

"No Anne, you complete doofus! You can't like her! Not only is she your best friend, but she is 100% totally in love with some other girl!"
She decided that she would make a pros and cons list on her phone to truly find out if she did.

"No Anne, you complete doofus! You can't like her! Not only is she your best friend, but she is 100% totally in love with some other girl!"She decided that she would make a pros and cons list on her phone to truly find out if she did

Anne bit down hard on her lip. This whole 'secret gay crush on your bestie' thing was too confusing. She groaned loudly and turned off her phone as she chucked it onto the guest bed. Suddenly, she heard a knocking on the door. Anne looked up expecting to see Sasha, but instead it was her Dad.
"Hey honey what's wrong?"
"Nothing dad I'm just angry."
Anne's dad came and sat down next to her and took his phone out.

"Wow dad way to ruin the moment."
"Hold on a minute, Anne."
Her dad quickly pulled up his photos and went into his favourites album. He handed it to her and she scrolled through, smiling. It was full of photos of her as a kid, dancing, laughing, crying. There were so many photos, some with him, Anne and her mom. There was one with her and Domino. And then she paused on a photo of her and Sasha, in third grade. It was on a day that she vividly remembered. It was around the end of the first semester. Marcy had gotten the chicken pox, so Anne and Sasha had forced Mr B to drive them down to the markets so that they could buy her noodles. She laughed at the memory of when they were carrying the bowl to the car and Sasha tripped, spilling the noodles all over herself and Anne. Her dad had gotten a photo of exactly when it happened. She was so glad that she had memories like this with Sasha... and she wanted to continue having memories like this with Sasha. And something in her head told her that if she really had developed a crush on her, all of that would go away. Forever.

Forever.
Anne quickly wiped her tears and hugged her dad tight.
"Thanks Dad."
Her dad simply hugged her back as she replayed the words in her head, over and over.

Never again. Ever.
.:.
And so it begins...
Shits gonna go down lmao
I'll try and upload again tonight to make up for this one being so late.
Bye <3