"That depends on if you want to see all those ladies with Eren."

I make a face, pretending I don't know what she's talking about. "What are you-"

"Don't even," she sighs. "You talk a lot when you're drunk."

Mortified, I avoid eye contact. "Well... I don't know what I said but I can explain!"

"No need, I'm not upset." she says placing her hand on my arm. Her smile quickly fades. "But you know what kind of a situation he is in.... Why would you put yourself in this position?"

"I couldn't help it." I sigh.

"There are plenty of other gentlemen, better, much nicer gentlemen!" she exclaims, her mouth twitching up. "You had to choose the royal asshole."

I smile. "He's not an asshole... he's kind and thoughtful." I think back to my birthday night.

Eila studies my face and smiles to herself. "Oh my goodness, you're smitten."

I roll my eyes. "Please, can we change the subject."

Eila nudges me playfully. "I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Trust me, Eren has zero feelings towards me." I say. "So you don't have to worry about that."

I finish decorating and turn to Eila. "I don't think I will come tonight."

Eilas smile fades again, but she doesn't push me on this. Instead she nods her head and says, "Okay."

*

I sat in my room, while everyone was at the ball. Maybe I acted in haste, saying I didn't want to go....

Oh well.

I decide to get ready for bed, as I had nothing better to do. Both of my friends were at the ball probably having a good time befriending all the ladies.

I took my hair out of the braid it had been in all day, and let it fall beside my face. I put on my nearly sheer night dress, and threw my robe on over it.

I picked up my book and made my way to the only balcony on the west side of the castle. Nobody ever came here, so I was not worried about anyone seeing me.
I sat down on one of the benches and began to read my book.

Time passed quickly, and I soon realized that carriages were leaving the palace. I stand up and lean over the balcony, watching as some of the guests were departing.

"Where were you tonight?" a soft yet stern voice spoke behind me.

I didn't turn. I already knew who it was.

"Here." I replied, leaning my chin on my hand.

"Why? There was a ball." his royal highness said, sounding slightly annoyed.

I turn my head. "I am very aware that there was a ball."

Eren sighs. "I would have liked it if you came."

I roll my eyes and turn back towards the carriages. "Should you not be saying goodbye to your guests."

I pause but then turn back around to face him. "Or perhaps, saying goodnight to another young lady?"