Official Letters

YALL NEED TO PLAY RATCHELOR ITS SO CUTE I LOVE IT SO MUCH <33

also sorry for not updating for a few months lmao 

---

Morning broke over the kingdom of Asphis, sunlight pouring into the crowned princes room. Kane awoke in high spirits, still reveling in the wonders of last night's soirée. He finished dressing in his silver finery, waltzing into the dining hall to meet his mother and father.

"Kane! Just in time for breakfast," His father beckoned him over, the smell of sausages, eggs, fruit, and toast wafting in the air. "Your mother and I just were discussing our little chat last night," Kane's breath caught in his throat, "And, we decided it would be best to draft a proposition to the Hawthornes, to formally propose a betrothal between you and the princess,"

"Truly, father? You mean it?" Kane was over the moon, what a wonderful way to start his day.

"Of course, darling, it's high time we found you a wife," Queen Keerlas airy voice floated through the dining hall. A hearty laugh bubbled in Eoins throat, and the family began to eat, a comfortable conversation filling the room.

"Dearest King and Queen Hawthorne,

I dearly hope that this letter finds you and your people in good health, wealth, and prosperity. To get straight to the point, I wish to propose a betrothal between my son, Prince Kane, and your daughter, Princess (Y/N), in hopes that their marriage will unite our kingdoms. Our children have met at your ball, and seem to get along swimmingly, along with the fact that our kingdoms have been in alliance for so very long. I would hope that you see this situation in the same way that I do, and understand that this union would thoroughly benefit both our countries, with our abundance in precious ores and your abundance in extremely skilled smiths, this would be all but perfect for our economies.

Please mull this over, I humbly await your response,

King Eoin of Asphis"

King Siveril's (pleasewhatthefuckfindingnamesissohardd) piercing eyes scanned the letter over and over, focusing on the navy royal seal stamped onto the parchment. He slowly took in a breath, perhaps it was time to marry his only daughter off, it is true that the union would be mutually beneficial for both kingdoms, but still, was it right to use his daughter as a gambling chip? He thought to his own wife, Amara, there never was a 'spark' between them, sure they liked the other well enough, but it wasn't love. On the other hand, she was an extremely fit ruler and the combination of her family's land and his own allowed for more farmland, and the kingdom was more prosperous than ever.

He rose from his seat, and strode off to find Amara, finding her sitting in the library.

"Amara, the letter that squire gave us was a marriage proposal from Asphis, I wish to get your opinion on the matter," She rested her book on her lap,

"Well, what's troubling you, this is quite a simple decision, is it not?" Amara lazily flicked her eyes up to her husband.

"That's the issue, I'm worried about (Y/N)," he took a breath, hesitant to continue,

"Politics has never favored the hearts of maidens, I'm sure she'll understand the importance of this alliance, she's no fool, Siveril." Queen Amara finished, and returned to her book.

"I suppose you're right," Siveril sighed. "I'll begin to draft a response to the proposal immediately, please notify (Y/N) as soon as possible."