𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

Start from the beginning

„Anyways...there's a whole different story right now going on. Maybe you can help me, I mean you're a lawyer. You surely know those kind of things."

„Shoot"

„When we woke up the next day she wanted to leave real quick. Like, I offered her to stay for breakfast but she told me that her mom needs her and so on and I was like alright. Today I got into her office and she was like not even looking at me."

„Awww, she nervous are yo-" Kelly started but I cut her off.
„-No, not like that. She wasn't looking up at me. Her eyes were basically sticking onto the paper and stuff and in her voice there was this anxiety. At least something like that." She nodded.

„I told her to come to my office and when she came, she had on a pair of sunglasses, she lied telling me her eyes hurt from the sunlight and when I pulled down the blinds, she took them off and she had a really big black eye."

„What did she say?"
„I fell down the stairs when I was on my way to my office in the morning." I replicated her voice.

„I told her to go home and she thought I dropped it but I just know it that this isn't a black eye from falling down somewhere. It's something bigger."

„Hmm...I mean I didn't see her black eye and I'm not a doctor but you said she was kinda scared?" I nodded in response.

„Bey that's really...fucked. I mean I can't say anything because I wasn't here, I didn't see her mimic or her behavior...I saw a lot of people, especially women with black eyes. But every one of them had a different background story. The one that was most common was getting beaten up."

„That's the thought I had in mind the whole day since this happened. It's just that Onika didn't seem like a person who let someone do this to her, you know what I mean?" Kelly nodded crossing her legs gently.

„But you know that she's lying so there's no deny to that?"
„Hundred percent sure about it!" I commented.

Silence filled my office room as both of us started thinking. We didn't have any idea, it was like a trap. And for those who say to just back up, shut up. Help where you can.

When I looked over to Kelendria, she was looking up into the corner of my office.

„You having cameras in your office?" she questioned curiously.
„I have them all over the holding. Safety things and so on, why?" I couldn't get along.

„You told me she said that she got here and fell down the stairs, in the company?" she asked me standing up starting to walk.

„Yes, she fell down the stairs to her office. The ones when you go up."

„Are there cameras?"
„Of course" I stood up too as she faced me.

„Do you know how to watch them? Maybe we can find out if she's lying. If she did fall the stairs, we'll see the evidence. If not, you know that she's lying and something's going on."

„I just love you" I told her and she smiled proudly.
„I know Giselle"

I got over to my computer and got into the security app. I knew how to do it myself since I fired my technician.

„I need the password, where did I put it" I mumbled to myself starting to look trough folders and sheets.

„I don't get one thing. Your office is too cleaned up. Like really, and you still can't find shit." Kelly mocked and I clicked my tongue.

When I finally found it, I typed it in and logged inside. The rest wasn't hard. I typed the time and date in and clicked over to analyze what is about to be shown.