11 | 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥, 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭, 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫

Începe de la început

Melina was extremely blunt. "You got fat. But still good." She told Alexei, who chuckled.

"I just got out of prison. I, uh... I have a lot of energy." He said, and I watched Natasha almost vomit.

"Please don't do that." She begged. "So, here's what's gonna happen." Natasha told Melina and Alexei.

"Natasha, don't slouch. Don't you either, Alessia." She said, and both Natasha and I looked to each other in bewilderment. I was slouching, and so was Natasha, but I didn't want a lecture from this woman, so I stayed silent.

Natasha was deeply offended. "I'm not slouching."

"Yes, yes, you are." Melina said firmly, pinching the skin between my shoulder blades to make me straighten up. I winced, and slapped her hand away unappologetically.

The two of them kept going, and I was way too stressed and confused to deal with this. "Stop talking, both of you. This is not the conversation we need to be having. Enough." I scolded.

"I didn't say anything. That's not fair." Yelena said from next to me.

"Here's what's going to happen..." Natasha tried again.

Melina kept trying to push food at Yelena and I. "We don't want any food." Yelena said, as done with this atmosphere as I was.

"Eat a little something, girls, for God's sake." Melina said, and I clenched my fists in frustration as Yelena took a shot.

Natasha finally got the attention of Melina and Alexei. "You're gonna tell us the location of the Red Room."

Melina inhaled sharply. "You know, it's like when you told them that they could stay up late to catch Santa Claus." She said, and I furrowed my brows. If this was going to be a nostalgic memory dump, then I wanted no part of it.

Alexei turned to Melina. "What? That was fun. You know, 'He come down the chimney, girls. Look out. Where is he?' You wait for him, and then when the cookies are gone, then you see he's there." He said, and all three of us looked at each other, and then back at him. "No, no. What? I want them to follow their dreams."

"No good." Melina said.

"Finding Dreykov is not a fantasy. It's unfinished business." Natasha told Melina and Alexei.

Melina wasn't very optomistic. "You can't defeat a man who commands the very will of others. You never saw the culmination of what we started in America. Nor did you." She said, looking at Natasha, Yelena and I, and then at Alexei.

Melina then stood up, and clapped a hand over Alexei's shoulder. "Natasha, always focus, focus. Get what you want." Alexei said as Melina walked off to get a tablet.

She returned to her seat next to me, tapping some buttons and speaking into it. "Come in." She stated, and the door opened. Imagine my surprise when a pig waltzed through the door.

"Did that pig just open the door?" I asked in disbelief.

Melina nodded. "Yes. It did." She told me, and took a piece of food, leaning over to the pig. "Good boy, Alexei. Good boy."

Alexei was not amused. "You named a pig after me?" He asked his fake wife.

"You don't see the resemblance?" She asked mockingly, and no one knew quite what to say. "See, he sits just like dog. Amazing. Now, watch." Melina continued.

"It's a little weird to me." Alexei inputed.

The next thing Melina commanded shocked us all. "Stop breathing." She instructed pig Alexei while tapping a button on her tablet.