26| 𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍

Beginne am Anfang

When he walked away, Lanie let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Robby opened his mouth to speak, but before he could, Lanie gently pushed him aside with her shaking hand, sauntering outside the doors of Cobra Kai.

✰*ੈ✩➶༄✰

"I swear, at this point, he's just taunting me." Lanie's anxious footsteps were pacing back and forth against the riveting pastel turquoise carpeting in her brother's house. Tyler and Carlos stared at each other in concern, knowing their sister was evidently scared and pissed.

For the next few days, Lanie went AWOL, her mental capacity not allowing her to go back to the dojo. She had over a dozen missed calls from her friends and family, but the one that caught her eye was the 68 missed calls and 200 texts from Robby.

Fan behavior. Lanie internally snickered at the partial joke but shook away the thought of Robby's gorgeous forest emerald eyes.

"You want me to shoot him?" Carlos joked, earning a scolding smack in the arm and a cold glare from Tyler. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Kinda."

"No, no. Parker is just another roadblock in the road that I need to run over. It will be simple...right?" Lanie rhetorically asked herself. Tyler sighed and stood up, scratching the back of his neck slightly before standing in front of his sister, placing his hands on top of her shoulder.

"Lanes, let me ask you something. Do you like doing karate?" Lanie nodded her head. "Now let me ask you another question. Are you doing it for yourself or for Robby?"

"What? Why would you think—"

"Don't lie, Lanie."

Sighing in defeat, the young Capuletgue sat down on the black velvet sofa, absentmindedly running her fingers through the soft fabric.

"At first I thought it was for me, but now, I don't even know if I can enjoy karate with all of the bad memories that are starting to form from it."

Tyler's sympathetic ocean blue eyes scanned his sister and he grabbed her hand, placing a gentle kiss on top of it before sitting down next to her on the sofa.

"Don't let these stupid boys ruin the happy memories of karate for you. If you genuinely don't want to do karate anymore because you simply don't want to, then I will support you all the way. However, if you want to quit because of a few dumbasses, then you continue. You're a bad bitch and you don't need any boy to tell you otherwise."

A heart-filled smile etched its way onto Lanie's face before engulfing her brother in a hug. Tyler reciprocated by wrapping his arms firmly around his torso, gently stroking her soft chestnut locks.

"You get in here too, Carlos. You're my brother too," Lanie chuckled, motioning for the boy to go over to them. The three of them were engulfed in a sibling hug and Lanie couldn't be any happier at the moment.

But that moment was thrown out the window when Lanie's phone buzzed, indicating she received a text.

She parted ways with her brothers as they went to the kitchen and she stayed planted on the sofa. She unlocked her phone and with one simple notification, the walls she was attempting to rebuild in her head, withered away.

My Little Pony
Lanie, code red, I need you to come here now.

She lightly cringed at the fact that she didn't have the heart to change his contact name, but what alarmed her, even more, was how Robby used the words 'code red.' Back when Robby and Lanie were dating, they would always use the term 'code red' if there was a situation that was severely important or life riveting.