Innocents

Beep. Beep. I wake up and pound my fist around trying to find my stupid alarm clock. I find it and chuck it at the wall and it magically stopped beeping. I go back to sleep just to be woken back up. "Maddox! Hurry up! You're going to miss the bus!" I hate school. Not just because it's boring, but also because everyone is mean to me. Well, except for Nathan. He says they are just jealous. But jealous of what? That I have about 15 different mental disorders? That my eyes are bright purple? I grab my backpack and run out the door and see Nathan at the bus stop. "Hey Maddox!" "Hey Nate." I mumble. "Oh come on Mads! Maybe today will be better than Friday! They can't push you around forever." "Ya. I guess." We get on the bus to have insults thrown at me. "'Ey purple! How it goin stupid?" "Shut up Coltan!" Nathan shot back. "Hey! I thought you had hyper activity! You just gonna stand in one spot? Careful! You might rot your brain more than it already is!" I tune them out and go to the back with Nathan.
--------------------------------------------
I finally got to the last period of school. Math. The worst yet. How does Y=x-1 help me get through life? "Need help?" "Need help?" All day. I finally got sick of it and yelled, "No! I'm not as stupid as you all think I am!" This seemed to surprise them. I'm usually quiet. They just stared at me. And stared. Until Coltan yelled, "Hey look! Finally learned to talk!" Everyone started laughing.
--------------------------------------------
The ride home was the same as usual. Miserable. I started my homework and checked my Facebook. It was filled with hateful messages. Messages by all the bullies at school.
Coltan: Go die in a hole
Amy: What if he did? That would call for a party!
Nathan: Really guys?! Grow up.
Coltan: You're the one who needs to grow up. Maddox is a loser. He couldn't tie his own shoes if he tried i bet!
Nathan: Ya? At least I don't pick on kids with a bunch of mental disorders!
Amy: shut up. You can go die in a hole with him!
Maddox: Why can't y'all leave me alone? What did I do to you? Y'all need to grow up.
Amy: Fine then. Colton will do The grownup thing. See you at school! Have a nice day.
Ok. Now this is weird... They are... Being nice? Why?
-------------------------------------------
The next day I got on the school bus. Nathan is home sick with the flu so I start walking to the very back. "Hey! Maddox! Come sit over here!" Coltan says patting the empty seat next to him. "I wouldn't do anything bad! Come on, I saved you a seat and everything!" I thought I heard him mumbling something under his breath but I carefully sit next to him. "Why are you being nice?" I ask. "I realised that I shouldn't pick on you and be more mature." "Dude. That sounds like something a teacher would say." I say laughing.
--------------------------------------------
Math was actually enjoyable for once. We had to work on our own for 10 min before we could work with a friend. Colton comes over to check our work.
1.) 110 = 2x -10 what is x? X = 50
2.) look at the drawing above. Find the missing angle of the Scalene triangle (a) A = 40
"Wow. You got those right. You're smarter than people give you credit for!"Coltan exclaims. "Thanks!" A half hour later the bell rang and Coltan wants to know if I can go to his house to play video games. He has me follow him through a forest. "Why are we in the forest?" I ask. "It's a faster way to my house," he says simply. Suddenly Amy jumps out and smashes me into a tree. Coltan pulls some duct tape out of his backpack and puts it over my mouth. Then he tapes me to the tree circling around the tree over my chest, arms, and legs. He gets a brick and smashes my head into it. I feel blood poring down my face and everything is fuzzy. Amy has a knife and cuts slits in my cheeks. The rip the tape off me probably thinking that I'm dead. The last thing I see is Amy and Coltan dragging me to the river. "Not so innocent now are ya?" He asks.
--------------------------------------------
I see Amy and Coltan. I see my body? Yes. I'm floating. "Hey. What if he's still alive?" Amy asks. "Check for a pulse then." Orders Coltan. I wait a few seconds. "Nope! He's dead!" She cheerfully answers. I am still floating higher and higher. Wait! I'm dead?! I can't be dead! Im only 15! I want another chance!
--------------------------------------------
I woke up on the beach all wet. I go home and dry off but there is something really big in the way on each side of me. I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror. I... I have huge wings. Like, really huge! I look at my face. I don't have any cuts, scrapes, or blood. I am wearing a blue hoodie with a skull and crossbones and blue jeans. It was like today never happened. There are no cars in the driveway so mom must be at work. I go to the kitchen to make dinner and see a note. "At work. Feel free to heat up some leftovers. I'll be home around 5 tomorrow."
--------------------------------------------
It was getting dark so I went to bed to play video games a while. Around 11 I'm still not tired. But I have the urge to just... hurt someone. Finally I give in. I start walking down the street. A car almost hits me and I feel myself be thrusted into the air and set back down. I look behind me. I see my wings. Oh ya. I can fly... I think. I see if I can move my wings. I can! I lift myself in the air and fly straight to Coltan's house. I land on the ledge of his house. I look in his window and see him asleep. I look at my hands. There... clawed. I cut out the window and go inside. I find some duct tape and put it over his mouth. He wakes up just before I do. "Maddox?! I killed you!" "I'm not Maddox. You killed me. Killing takes away my innocence. That is my name... Innocents.
--------------------------------------------
I'm flying to Amy's house. I think of what a bloody mess Coltan's room is now. Body parts and organs strewn everywhere.
--------------------------------------------
I wake up to a soft thump. I don't remember opening my window... "Hello Amy. Remember me?" I look at the person who said it... Maddox... But now he is covered in blood and has... Wings? "M- Maddox?! We killed you!" "I am not Maddox. You killed Maddox... You killed me. Why?" "Because Maddox deserved to die! And if you aren't Maddox than who are you?!" "I was Maddox. But then you killed him. I am Innocents." He says getting closer to me. "And don't worry about Coltan. All this blood? It's his." He says grinning. I back into a wall. The last thing I hear is "Not everyone is innocent. Some lose it. Others... Have it stolen from them... Like me. You killed me. I lost my innocence as soon as you started hitting me with a brick." "Not everyone is innocent. And you are one of them." Black. Death. Not heaven. The other one.
--------------------------------------------