10. Loki (2012)

Începe de la început

The fight between Steve and Loki continues as a voice, neither Natasha's nor the pilot's, speaks through our headsets.

Oh boy.

"Agent Romanoff. Did you miss me?"

'Shoot to Thrill' plays through the speakers, and a man in a metal suit blasts Loki to the ground, pointing every piece of weaponry he has at the God.

Natasha and me enjoy the scene, subtly headbanging to the guitars of AC/DC.

"Your move, Reindeer Games."

As the quinjet slowly lands, I can see Loki put his hands up in surrender.

"Good move

"Good move."

...

"Aren't those horns super heavy?" I ask the black haired man in front of me. Loki keeps staring at me with a face as if I'm the smelly cat Phoebe sings about in Friends.

I look back at Tony and Steve talking to each other, glancing to Loki every now and then.

"I once spilled coffee over you. Do you remember that?" I ask him, laughing awkwardly.

"Are you proud of that or something?"

"Well, actually, ..." A loud thunderbolt interrupts me, again. Is that something common in this universe?

Loki bolts forward, looking scared.

"What's the matter. Scared of a little thunder?" Steve asks, looking at Loki.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows." Loki responds.

That sounded so British.

I hear a loud crash on the roof. Everyone in the plane looks up, as if they could look through the ceiling. It all goes very quickly than. Both Steve and Tony walk towards the rear hatch, putting on their helmet and Steve taking his shield. Nat speeds up the jet as Tony pushes the button to open the ramp.

"What are you doing?" Steve asks, walking past me and Loki and joining Tony in the back of the plane.

At that moment, a shadowy figure lands on the ramp of the jet.

"Now there's that guy," Tony says, looking at Thor. The god doesn't really pay attention to anything but his brother, whom doesn't look all too happy to see him.

Thor walks forward and hits Tony away, who takes Steve with him as he falls. Perhaps I should get up and help, but I like watching this.
Thor grabs Loki by the neck and jumps out of the plane. Steve and Nat yell something at each other, and Tony walks towards the edge of the ramp. I get up and stand next to him. His head turns my way and he asks: "Are you gonna jump? 'Cause I wouldn't do that, unless you're me."

I don't have time say anything, because Steve joins us too.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack."

"I have a plan, attack." Tony says (with me mouthing the words to this amazing quote) before flying out of the jet.

Steve takes a parachute and gets ready to fly out as Nat yells from the front of the plane.

"I'd sit this one out, Cap. These guys are basically Gods."

"Nat! This guy's ninety-two years old and still working out at the gym, let him jump!" God, what a bad choice of words.

Steve scoffs. "Thanks, I guess."

"Go get him, Blondie!" I yell as he grabs his shield and dives out of the plane, head first.

I slowly look to where Steve grabbed his chute, and than look at Nat, who's looking out the front window. I turn back and walk toward the remaining three parachutes, but before I can reach them, Natasha's already next to me.

"Don't even think about it," she says with a smug smile. I scoff. "Pf, I wasn't planning on thinking about it."

She pushes the button to close the hatch of the plane and than turns back to me.

"Lesson of the day: don't always try to be the hero. Some fights you just gotta sit out."

"But I don't wanna sit things out. I came here to ... uh, unsit things out?"

"You're time will come, let the big boys handle this one." She says sarcastically, smiling.
"You wanna help me land the plane?" She wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Uh, yes please!"

...