Matthias and the others arrived to see Kol walking away from a crying Davina Claire. Matthias' heart ached for her, but he would do what he needed to do to protect his baby brother.

"I'm afraid that's not an option." Elijah spoke up and Kol turned around at the sound of his voice.

"Always and forever is not something that you just weasel out of, brother." Klaus told him.

Kol looked surprised to see them all there, but his heart broke even more when he spotted Matthias. Matthias' eyes were bloodshot and while they had hope this spell casted would work, Matthias was still terrified. Terrified to lose Kol again, to feel that pain all over again of losing someone that you loved and cared about, it wasn't something that Matthias wanted to ever experience again.

Inside one of the tombs, Kol laid on the floor with his head on Matthias' lap while Elijah and Klaus were on either side and Rebekah stood. Matthias was trying to ease his pain and from a distance, he could see Rhea watching them so that she could give Katherine the signal before it was too late.

Davina was a little bit aways from them, whispering over a necklace while Kol groaned out in pain as his nose and mouth were now bleeding due to the hex.

Kol looked at Klaus and felt something inside of him ache at the sight of Klaus' watery eyes and heartbroken expression. There was a time when Klaus tried to get to know Kol, a time when Kol would run off to Klaus instead of Matthias, but when Kol became difficult to understand, Klaus had given up on trying and that hurt Kol the most.

"All my life, all I ever wanted was for you lot to care about me as much as Matthias and Finn did." Kol confessed to him.

Kol suddenly had another coughing fit and Matthias helped him upright as Klaus held him close and they rubbed his back comfortingly. Once the fit stops, Kol lays back down on Matthias with a groan as Rebekah then kneels to the ground while Klaus and Elijah rise to their feet, and she grabbed his hand in her own and squeezed it.

"Kol, listen to me. You don't have long. You're going to die." She told him and Kol can't help but sob. "But you will die a witch, and we will consecrate your body. You will join the ancestors of the French Quarter, and those spirits can be brought back. And I promise you, brother, I will not leave this body until I find a way to bring you home."

Kol almost felt bad for not telling them all, but he didn't want them to know. Despite loving them, they still continuously made him feel unloved and he wanted to be loved unconditionally, and not on their terms.

Suddenly, Davina stopped chanting and crawled over to them, Rebekah standing as well so Davina could have her place beside him. "I tried a different spell." She sniffled.

Kol took Davina's hand and squeezed it. "It's okay, I'm not scared."

Kol discreetly nodded and it was all Rhea needed to see before it was done. In another tomb, Katherine had snapped Nadia's neck just as Kol managed to choke out a final laugh before falling limp in Matthias' arms.

Matthias and Davina sobbed together, Matthias holding Kol close while Davina moved as close to the tribrid as possible so that she was close to Kol too. The two found comfort in their heartbreak for losing Kol and while his siblings cried as well, Matthias didn't buy their pain, he didn't believe that they were going to be as affected by Kol's death as he was right now, as he was the first time.

"We have to move him." Rebekah spoke up finally.

Matthias shook his head, "You won't touch him." He snapped at his sister. "The one time, the one time in over a thousand years you finally say something nice to him and its when he's dying." Matthias scoffed as he stood to his feet with Kol's body. "You don't deserve him as a brother, but for some reason he cares about you lot."

"Where are you taking him?" Davina asked softly.

"Home." Matthias told her cryptically before giving her a reassuring smile and leaving.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Back at his apartment, Matthias laid Kol's body on the bed next to Nadia's body. Neither of the two had woken up yet and to be safe, Kol's original body was in the next room in a coffin.

"He'll wake up." Rhea told him softly. "They both will." She continued while looking to Katherine.

"I just..." Matthias trailed off. "I can't lose him again." A choked sob left Matthias' lips and Rhea could see that Matthias was truly struggling right now. "Knowing that Finn and he were alive have kept me from losing my shit but if I lose him... if I lose Kol before I can save Finn then I'll have lost them both and I can't lose them."

Rhea and Katherine were shocked when Matthias punched a hole into the wall near him. His chest was heaving as he started to pace the floor, his head flooded with the worse scenarios for this situation.

Rhea held out her hand as she approached him slowly. "Matty, I need you to breathe." She told him and he stopped pacing to look at her. "He's going to be okay, they both will be." She said softly as she was now in front of him with her hands cupping his face. "It's all going to be okay."

Matthias was about to speak when suddenly he heard a gasp, followed by another.

soooo thoughts?

do I put Kol back in his original body ooorrr do I keep him in Kaleb's?
I mean I already have it planned out but I want to hear your theories right now!

we're about to wrap up with season two and I'm honestly tempted to skip the Dahlia part because Matthias wouldn't have a reason to be around his siblings right now, you know?

i have a plan and it's kind of all coming together but we'll just have to see what's in store for Matthias as the story progresses.

so thoughts so far? any wants that you have for Matthias?

let me know!

but we'll see.

till next time!

all the love!
- m a r i e