Take me for what I am

Sharon woke up in the bed and found Bucky sitting on the floor with his face wet with tears. She sat next to him and leaned her head on his shoulder, "So... I can ignore that you're upset and let you sort it out alone or I can sit here with you."
Bucky put his arm around her and pulled her closer, "Why are you so calm? I could have really hurt you."
Sharon cuddled him close, "Truthfully? You make me feel safe. I won't lie it was scary, but I knew...know it was just reflex."
She sat up and turned his face to meet hers, "James, I care about you. You're kind smart funny have horrible taste in movies(she smiled booping his nose.)Most important to me is how you make me feel."
She wiped her own eyes, "I feel safe with you. I feel real with you. I feel like I finally found a friend who sees me for me."
Bucky held her hand, "Sharon... I woke up and saw the fear in your eyes, but your voice was calm and it clicked how not ok I am. I'm not safe."
Sharon sighed, "I sorta feel like this is a break up." She stood, "Just so you know. I think you're wrong."
James sat on the floor watching her dress and pack up. His heart was breaking. She turned to him, "I texted May. I'm gonna stay with her and Peter for a few days. I'll see ya' around."
Sharon walked past Bucky and he caught her hand. He didn't say anything for a long time. Sharon's voice cracked, "Don't be too hard on yourself Sargent."
He let go and She walked out.
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Sharon stood straight and tall as she walked out into the elevator and remained strong until the elevator doors closed. She let sobs fall from her mouth as her body slid to the floor. Her heart broke with each passing floor.
Bucky sat on his floor cussing himself. He let her go. The only person in this whole damn world who didn't question him or ask him to change.
He let her go like a God damn coward. Hydra is following her and he sent her out unprotected. He jumped up threw on sweats and ran after her.
As the elevator came closer to the ground Sharon stood and wiped her eyes. She wasn't gonna let the world see her tears. Her father always said that tears were meant to water your garden in private. She thought that was odd as a girl until she got older; what he meant was that people will use your tears as away to tear you down until there's nothing left.
So, Sharon dried her eyes stood tall and when the elevator doors opened she stepped off as if it was just a regular morning.
Bucky came from the stairwell in time to catch Sharon step outside. He ran to try and stop her, but was too slow as she got in a cab.
Bucky ran a hand threw his hair, "Fμ©k."
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Later that morning Bucky sat at the big kitchen island with Steve who listened to Bucky. Steve was getting ready to chastise him when Peter burst in, "What did you do?" Everyone looked up, "Sharon is at my place sobbing."
Peter's eyes filled with tears, "She doesn't think I can hear her, but I can and it's your fault! You broke her heart!"
Peter yelled at Bucky, "She told May that her house just needed some work and she's plans to head back tomorrow. What if-"
Steve tried calming Peter down, "Kid breathe ok..."
Peter nodded, "Sharon has been through a lot. Her dad died suddenly. She got away from a crazy ex and now after trying to put herself back together you throw her out!"
Steve and Bucky looked at each other; the death of Sharon's father and her getting away from a crazy ex...
Bucky made a fist, "What was the guy's name?"
Peter turned to Bucky, "Why do you care?"
Steve put his hands up to try and calm both down, "It's timing Peter. Sharon's file from Hydra was opened after her dad's death. You said it was then she got away from him. What was his name?"
Peter blinked, "Henry Pickett... You don't think that he's Commander Rexford do you?"
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Sharon left a note for May and Peter saying she got a call the work was done she was heading back home.
As Sharon got out of the Uber she felt the sadness; maybe she was better off on her own. After all she hadn't really had the best dating history.
As she opened her door a voice greeted her, "Hello poppet did you miss me?"