Chapter Seventeen

Începe de la început

Becky placed her drink on the table. "Well screw it. If Nathan wants sex with me, he's gonna have to put a ring on my finger."

Y/n gave her a thumbs up. "Sounds good to me. Come on, let's play pool."

"Let me get another drink in me so that I don't remember how badly I play against you," Becky said, taking another sip of her drink. It was true, her roomie was a horrible pool player. But they still had lots of fun trying to see how long it took her to get the balls into a hole.

Just then Y/n's phone dinged again. 'Please, let me explain,' the message said for the 16th time.

'Just leave me alone before I make you the bad guy in my book,' she wrote back.

"Is that him?" Becky asked.

She nodded. Becky snatched the phone out of her hand. "Hi Jerk, this is Becky. Contact my friend again, and I'll twist my heel into your crotch," she said out loud as she typed.

"You can't write that," Y/n squealed, trying to get her phone back.

Her friend laughed. "Don't worry. I just told him we're out on a date at The Rock."

"Oh my gosh, you didn't." Grabbing her phone, Y/n checked the message and sure enough, her friend had told Sylvester where they were. "We're not even on a date."

"Time to make the good ole boys jealous," Becky waved to the boys in the corner, garnering their attention again. "How about a game of pool?"

"I don't know about this," Y/n said gripped her friend's shoulder.

"Come on, live a little."

It's the living part that got a lot of people into trouble. The men looked a little older than they were, maybe in their late 20's, early thirties. Their table was full of empty cups, so she knew they'd had a fair bit to drink already. One guy was bald and wore a green army shirt and black jeans. He was eyeing her up and down, licking his lips. The guy standing next to him looked a little like Damon off The Vampire Diaries with his thick dark brown, almost black, hair. The third guy had his eyes set on Becky. He was taller than the other two and more heavier set, like he lifted weights. His sported a buzz cut, hair a light brown. Well if anything happened at least she'd be able to give a description to the cops. She never forgot physical details.

"We really shouldn't, Becky." She wasn't one for picking up strange guys off the street. 'Just strange guys at a bdsm meeting, right?' her spirit sneered at her.

Her roomie shrugged off Y/n's concern. "It's just a friendly game of pool. What harm could there be?"

"What kind of stakes do you girls want to play for?"

"How about if we win, you guys buy us some drinks?" Becky suggested, with her hands on her barbie-like hips.

"And if we win?"

"We'll buy you some drinks."

The bald guy, who had creeped her out, wiped the top of his stick with the chalk. "I'm not feeling those stakes. How about, if we win, you come back to our place for some fun."

"I think we'll just stick to the drinks, thank you," Y/n said, glaring at him.

"Pity that your attitude doesn't match your dress," the bald guy said.

"Ignore Van," the Damon look a-like said. "He hasn't been laid in a while. Hi, I'm Daniel."

Van punched him in the shoulder and then turned back to his table, grabbing his beer.

"I'm Becky and this is Y/n," she said, accepting his hand.

The body builder guy came around the table to their side and held out his hand as well. "Hi, I'm Asher. Now that we're all acquainted, let's get this game started. Do you girls wanna break first?"

"I'm gonna trust you can win this for us, Y/n," Becky whispered to her.

"Hey, you got us into this mess."

"You're the pool player."

"I haven't played in a year," Y/n hissed quietly.

Now she remembered why she stopped going to places like this with Becky. This was so not going to end well. She didn't like the looks of Van. His eyes gave her the heebie-geebies. He's the type of guy you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.