Chapter 12 - Late

Hermione P.O.V

I was walking through the hallways while it was quiet. I sigh and start walking slower taking in my surroundings. I knew it wouldn't stay quiet for long. I hear footsteps and turn around to and meet the one and only Viktor Krum who was stood behind me.

"Hi." I say with a small smile.

"Hello Miss Herm-own-ninny." He says with his strong Bulgarian accent trying to say my name right.

"Hi." I say and we fall into an awkward silence. "Can I help you with something or?" I say turning to head to class before the halls get busy. He goes to say something but then stops himself and shakes his head. I turn and head to transfiguration. I hear another set of footsteps and turn around and my eyes meet with a pair of steel grey orbs.

"Hey Ced." I say as the Older boy catches up to me.

"Hey 'Mione what were you doing talking to Viktor Krum?" He asks casually as we start walking with our books in hand.

"I don't know he just came and started talking to me." I laugh at how weird he acted when I seen him. "Why are you jealous?" I say with a smirk playing on my lips.

He scoffs. "Me jealous? What do I have to be jealous of, the guy's a douchebag." I laugh at his comment.

"Ok if you say so." I say and we walk in a comfortable silence.

"So what lesson do you have?" Cedric asks breaking the silence.

"I have transfiguration what about you?" I say looking up at him as he's much taller than me. He chuckles.

"They weren't kidding when they said we'd be spending a lot of lessons together this year." I let out a small laugh. I can feel Cedric's eyes on me so I turn to look at him to see him smiling at me.

"What?" I say and he looks away with a slight blush. 

"It's nothing." He looks back at me and then behind me before I see his smile disappear.

"What's wrong?" I ask and look behind me to see Pansy and Astoria picking on some first years and I sigh. I walk to them. Cedric tries to stop me but it doesn't work. He quickly follows me over.

"Parkinson... Greengrass I see you couldn't find someone your own size to pick on so you had to stoop so low as to choose to pick on first years." I say rolling my eyes at them. The two girls stop what they're doing and look at me. The first year takes the chance to run and hides behind me.

"OMG Tori Mudblood Granger has come to spoil our fun again." Pansy says looking at me with a sneer. I scoff.

"Oh I'm dreadfully sorry." I say with sarcasm evident in my voice. Cedric chuckles.

"What are you laughing at?" Astoria says looking at Cedric.

"What. That was funny. If something is funny I laugh." He says with a smile on his face.

"Yeah if something's funny he laughs." I say smirking at her.

"Shut up." She says looking at me. Pansy swings for me but I grab her hand blocking her punch.

"Nice try but you're going to have to do better than that." I say and push her hand away.

"I'll get you for this Mudblood." She sneers at me.

"Yeah that's just great let me know when you've actually gained some common sense instead of trying to date people who don't want to date you. And maybe when you have some common sense then maybe we might be able to discuss things. You do know what discuss means don't you?" The first years laugh and I see Cedric trying to hold in his laughter. Pansy sends me a glare but doesn't answer.

"Discuss means when two people talk to each other which is hard for you because the only word you seem to know is Mudblood and that term is kind of old at this point." They huff and walk away causing us all to laugh. We wave goodbye to the first years and Cedric whispers in my ear.

"I can't believe you did that." His breath is hot on my ear and I turn to look at him. I see him grinning.

"Well someone had to do something." I say with a shrug. "We reach transfiguration to find that we are just late.

"Shit." I say under my breath. Cedric hears and laughs.

"Hermione Granger cursing. I never thought I'd see the day." He laughs.

"Oh shut up." I say rolling my eyes but couldn't help the smile forming on my lips.

We open the door. Professor McGonagall looks at us.

"Why are the two of you late?" She says with an arched brow.

"Um..." I say looking at Cedric.

"We got carried away studying in the library." I nod.

"Yes we're sorry professor." I say and her face softens and she smiles slightly.

"Unfortunately I'm going to have to take five point from each of you and shall both receive detention with Professor Snape tomorrow at 8pm." We both nod and sit down. We start writing notes trying to catch up with everyone else.