____________________________

Going through names, the Emperor smiled. "Gao Congbao of the Gao clan in Lan, Irgren Gioro Hongyan of the Irgen Gioro clan in Bei, Durong Si Oanh of the Durong clan in Wu'annam, and Jin Shangjian (Kim Sanggun) of the Jin clan of Soyong. I have already created a list for the Empress to look at."

A'Ruo bowed. "Thank you Your Majesty."

Walking off, A'Ruo bumped into Langxi and her maid, eavesdropping near by in front of the Palace of Devotion to Mental Cultivation. A'Ruo bowed. "I greet 5th Princess of our holy empire."

Langxi huffed. "A'Ruo, did I just hear about marriage partners?"

A'Ruo nodded. "Yes Princess..."

Langxi huffed again. "Why would Royal Father and Royal Mother make me marry far away?"

A'Ruo kept her head low. "5th Princess, I would ask Her Majesty if you're curious. But for now, I take my leave 5th Princess."

Langxi pouted as she threw her arms.

____________________________

The first day of training camp was painful. First, Commander Shi kept on shouting in your face, then he said that he needed to see your strength. 2 full buckets of water was easy to hold for 5 minutes since they were only half way full and one of your chores at home was collecting water from the well. "(l/n) (b/n), passed!"

You put down the buckets, hearing the drums beating as you stretched your shoulders. It was now Yiren's turn. Yiren was a rather week boy. He was more scholar than soldier. He lived in a rich home and was taken care of, hand and foot. How could he become a foot soldier if he's never held a bucket of water in his entire life? You could see him struggling and barely reaching the 5 minute mark. Xu Hui (who had gone earlier and passed) turned towards you mumbling loud enough for you to hear. "Has he ever lifted a half filled bucket before?"

You shook your head. "Elder brother Yiren was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He was fed, washed, dresses, and taken care of by maids. How could he lift a bucket half filled if he didn't need to lift his hands and feet?"

Xu Hui looked confused. "But wouldn't his family make him train in martial arts if his family has the money?"

You just sighed. "Xu Hui, how can his family afford to train him if his father isn't a general? They wouldn't care about fighting."

Xu Hui's mouth turned into a circle as he went, "ohh."

The drums started beating as a man yelled. "Song Yiren, failed!"

You and Xu Hui looked at the next man. He was rather big and chubby looking. "It looks like he could carry 2 buckets." said Xu Hui.

The big and chubby man couldn't even barely lift them. "Xiang Dongtian, failed!