Chapter 3

1 month later

"Sir your late for a meeting". Said Jarvis through the room.
"Who with" I ask.
"Cameron Smith" says Jarvis as a screen comes up and shows the meeting room footage of a 14 to 15 year old girl patiently sitting and waiting she seems nervous though. Something about her is familar but I can't place it.

"Reschedule the meeting"
"They won't leave sir they say it's ... urgent"
Confused as to what it could be I tell Jarvis "Tell them I'll be down in a minute Jar"
I say as I walk towards the elevator. I can't help but think how familiar they are though but I can't quite place my finger on it. When the elevator doors open the girl doesn't even turn around. She just stares at the painting on the wall. The moment that I see her the feeling like I recognise her from somewhere gets stronger.

CAM

The room was comforting in a way. There was a large wall size window to the side over looking the city of new york. A table took up most of the space and had a tv at the front. The walls were cement and they had nothing on them except for a painting. Trying to distract myself I took notice of a painting on the wall it was similar to the style my mum did. I was about to see if I could find her initials but the elevator dinged being me. I couldn't do it I was to nervous to even look at him so I kept looking at the painting. Soon enough he was standing next to me.
"Beautiful painting isn't it" he says. It was a night time painting of the city from a high rise tower. So much detail. It gave off the feeling that the person who painted it knew the city really well and would stare at it every night.
"Yeah" was all I said. Whenever mum painted she poured her soul into each painting and it showed with the detail.

He still has her painting.

"you seem nervous everything alright"
I said nothing.
"I just.. you know you rocking up to the tower saying it's urgent but not saying much I don't even know-"
"My mother is dead" I blurted out so suddenly that even I couldn't have stop myself. Everything fell silent. So silent that you could almost hear the gears turning in his head my interest in the painting, the familiarity. Watching his reaction go from confused to shock made me worry. When he actually looked me in the eyes he finally realised why I was here.

TONY

Those eye's how could I forget those eyes.

CAM

"Racheal is your mother?" he said in a tone so low you would not have heard it if the room wasn't dead silent.
"Yeah".
"She's dead?" He asked.
"She passed away a month ago in a car crash ". I say as simply as I can not wanting to cry in front of him but it's no use as the tears pool and fall down my face.

The silence was so loud it felt deafening. Minutes felt like hours. Neither of us knew what to say or do next.

"Have a DNA test if you want and the custody papers but if you don't want them then I guess I can go to a foster home but" He cut my rambling off by saying
"Come with me I have something to show" With no further explanation he walked back threw the doors that he came from. Confused I grab my stuff and follow him through the doors.
"Where are we going" I ask quietly.
"You'll see" is all he says.

After a couple of minutes of passing lots of doors, and people who gave me strange looks, we took the elevator up multiple levels and finally came to a stop outside a door just like every other door in the building it would seem. He opens the door and signals me to walk through. It was a medium but spacious sized room. It wasn't decirated but it had the important stuff. A simple futon double bed, draws on each side of the bed, a cupboard to the left and a window that looks out over all of newyork with a desk in front of it.

"It's not big but it's something if you want you can set up everything that you have and change the room to whatever you want it to be." He said watching you carefully for a reaction.
"Thankyou so much it's great". You respond in gratitude at how welcoming he was towards you.
"Just for document sakes here is a copy of my birth certificate in case you need to put it somewhere or just proof." You says as you hand him the folder.
"Oh I don't really like getting handed things and can't be trusted with documents so you hold onto it and give it to pepper".
"Who's pepper?" You questioned.
"Oh she's my girlfriend and CEO of stark industries you'll meet her later" oh cool you thought as you looked around the room again already having ideas for what gadgets and trinkets and other stuff you could install into your new room.
"Try not to wonder around just yet wait till I get you passes and etc then I'll come and get you for dinner where you can meet everyone else." Said Tony as he was walking out of your room.
Wait who's everyone else.
"Who's everyone else". You asked but he was already gone.
After putting your bags on the bed you sat in front of the window that let you see out over new york.
Pulling out your sketch pad you started sketching the room and designing it how you wanted it look. You ended up with this. For the desk Set up. Making the double bed a loft bed so that there is more space on the floor and pictures and plants set up around the window and room.

 Making the double bed a loft bed so that there is more space on the floor and pictures and plants set up around the window and room