"Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you two in so long!" I exclaimed, pulling away from the hug to take in the two girls before me.

Megan looked exactly the same. Her hair was pulled back into its signature ponytail, and she had minimal makeup on. Taryn, however, looked completely different. Not only had she cut her hair short, but she'd also dyed it a mixture of purple and dark blue. It looked awesome on her.

"Taryn, your hair!" I pointed out, reaching out to touch it. She grinned, laughing at my reaction.

"Yeah, my girlfriend styles hair, and uses me as her test subject. I really like this one, though a few of her earlier tries weren't so great looking." She explained. I smiled at her.

"Well, tell her that she's doing great. This looks awesome." I assured her. I wasn't at all surprised that Taryn had a girlfriend. I remembered the day ther three of us went to the cabin and she admitted to thinking other girls were hot. Add that to the fact that she couldn't keep a relationship with a boy going for longer than a week or so in college, and here we were. I was so happy for her. And she looked happy, too, so that was all that mattered.

"How's the job going, Miss Veterinarian?" Megan asked just as Luke rounded the front of the car. I didn't get a chance to answer before he spoke.

"I know you guys have a lot of catching up to do, but can you do it in the car? I have an interview to get to." I shared a look with Megan and Taryn, but we all got into the car anyways.

————

"So, boys, I've tried to avoid asking it for the entire interview, but I just can't anymore. You've brought some girls with you. Are they girlfriends?" The radio host's question caught my attention. I had been sitting on the other side of the glass in the radio station, chatting away with Taryn and Megan for the past fifteen minutes. We'd caught up on a lot. Megan had a boyfriend, and by the sound of it, the relationship was getting pretty serious. I told her that I'd have to meet him, using Wyatt's words and saying that the boy needed my 'stamp of approval'.

One-by-one, Ashton, Calum, and Michael turned to look at Luke. I knew the next few minutes would be related to not only why Megan, Taryn, and I were here, but also what had happened the night before last. Luke sent a glance my way, and I smiled slightly to encourage him. He nodded curtly and turned to look at the man in front of him.

"No, none of them are our girlfriends." He started, only to be interrupted by Michael.

"All of us are single as pringles!" The red-haired boy grinned at his response, as if it was the most clever thing ever to have been said. Luke glanced at his bandmate briefly before continuing with his explanations.

"All three of them are really good friends from school." He said. I couldn't help but feel myself smile at that. He'd said I was a good friend. Not that we we just knew each other. But that we were close as well. Which, technically speaking, we were. Just the two of us hadn't spoken in a while until recently. The man nodded, glancing my way. He pulled out a picture, and I knew exactly what was coming next.

"Now, Luke, while I have your attention, can you explain the rumore that have been floating around recently regarding, if I'm not mistaken, one of the lovely ladies you brought with you today?" He asked. Luke nodded, seeming nervous for some reason. He had no reason to be. All he had to do was tell the truth, and that would be that. 

"Yeah, I can." He started. "It's definitely not what it looks like. Daeyna— that's the girl in the picture— was given something by a stranger, and I helped her get home safely." He frowned at his lap, fiddling with his fingers. "To be honest, it was a really scary thing, seeing her like that, and I don't appreciate people trying to turn it into something it wasn't. Because if I hadn't been there, she might not be alive to sit and watch this interview today." 

There was a rather long period of silence after Luke's words. The interviewer seemed shocked at the blond boy's statement. The rest of the band seemed shocked as well, but in a different way, like they hadn't known just how effected by the incident he was. Hell, even I hadn't known how effected he was until now.

"If you'll excuse me." Luke muttered, standing up from his chair. I watched him cross the room in silence. He passed through the room where I was sitting, but didn't stop. After glancing at Taryn and Megan, I stood up and followed him.

////////

Yooooo! How's life been for you all? I know this is a tad late, but at least it's here! 

Anyways, what did you think of the chapter? Taryn and Megan have made an appearance! And you finally get to see how Luke felt about the whole drug situation. Maybe he cares more than he has let on previously, hm?

As always, comments and votes are life! I absolutely love hearing what you all have to say about the story! Feel free to criticize on things you don't necessarily like. I'm always open for suggestions of improvement!

Love you all to bits, okay? And speaking of love, if you need to talk about the whole Zayn thing or if you're ever upset about anything, please do message me. I'm always there for you guys if you need me.