Introduction

"𝚆𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚓𝚘𝚋 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎"
There's Kiara; or Kie as we call her. HUGE feminist and totally into saving the planet and shit. Most badass Pogue I know and the most rational one. Then there's John B; my brother. The one obsessed with adventure and won't stop until he gets what he wants. Pope; the brains of our operations. Basically the dad of the group but he's smart as hell and not to mention the one who somehow finds a way to get us out of trouble. And there's JJ; the psychotic one. In a good way though. He'd do anything for his friends. Best surfer I know.....don't tell him I said that. And then there's me. Kayla or as my friends call me, Kay. I'm the do-er of the operations. Most of the time I do things without thinking but somehow it turns out in the end. I'm the one who looks EVERYWHERE for clues in all our "missions". But my friends call me the dumbass friend. They're right. I'm like JJ in a way. Minus the whole gun obsession thing. I guess that's why we get along so well. But anyways that's us. The Pogues.
And then there are the Kooks; the richer part of the outer banks. They despise the Pogues. Most of them anyway. There's Ward Cameron, richest guy on the island. And the dumbest. Rafe Cameron, the literal psychopath. Sarah Cameron; Kook princess. She's nicer than the rest but she's still a Kook. Kie and I were actually friends with her in 6-9th grade. But she betrayed us. And then there's Topper something. Never learned his last name; wasn't interested in finding out. He's Sarah's boyfriend but like the other guys she's been with, she'll probably cheat on him too. I give it 2 months.