C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - T W O

Start from the beginning

When she looked up, she immediately locked eyes with Kelly Severide who was awake.

"Good morning, Kells," she mutters in a sleepy voice.

"Morning, Princess," he answers, the hand still running through her hair and the other one rubbing up and down her back.

"Did you sleep at all?" she asks, wiping her eyes.

"Not since you woke up earlier," the man responds with a small smile.

"You only got like five hours of sleep, Kel," she objects.

"I'm good," he nods, leaning down and pressing his lips to her forehead.

"Kelly," Alyssa whines.

"Come on, let's go get breakfast," he says, gently picking her up a bit so he could slide out from under her and stand up.

"Kelly," she calls, grabbing his arm and stopping him from walking out of the room and pulling him back towards the bed. "You didn't sleep well on the couch and I know you still barely sleep up here."

"I sleep fine, Princess," Severide answers. "I sleep better up here with you than I did on the couch."

"But you're still barely sleeping," she argues.

"We'll take a nap, okay? After breakfast."

Alyssa sighs but nods, allowing Kelly to pull her out of bed and lead her downstairs.

Leslie was sitting on the couch and the man could feel the brunette woman step closer to him and move to the opposite side of him then Leslie was on.

The blonde paramedic sends Alyssa and Kelly both a small smile which the man returns but Alyssa just clings onto Kelly's arm even more, her side pressed to his.

"It's okay, Princess," he mutters so only the other lieutenant could hear as he leads her to the kitchen.

Kelly was still very confused as to why Torres was still so afraid of Shay.

That was something that he wanted her to talk with Dr. Charles about but he knew that she might be scared of him.

"Come on, we're going to go eat upstairs," Kelly says, grabbing a box of six donuts that Leslie had brought home yesterday and took it upstairs along with two mugs of coffee.

"Why are we eating up here?" Lys asks as they sit back on the bed, on top of the blankets this time.

"Because you're terrified of Shay, Princess," he answers. "You said we could talk about going to see Dr. Charles later when we talked this morning."

Alyssa sighs before taking a bite of her donut and setting it back into the box.

"Lys, he can help."

"No one can help, Kelly. Nothing's going to help."

"How do you know if you're not going to try."

"I can't try," the woman answers, tears filling her eyes. "I can't."

Severide notices the tears in her eyes and immediately sets his donut into the box and pushes it aside before pulling the woman into him just as the tears started to fall from her eyes.

"It's okay, Princess, I'm sorry," he mutters as the woman buries her face into his chest, her body moving with each sob she gave. "I'm sorry," he whispers, kissing the top of her head.

Like always, the woman grabs his shirt between her fingers.

Kelly figured that it was so she could keep him close and so that he didn't leave.