Heartbreaker - 2

After a few minutes of driving, the jeeps came to a stop at a visitors centre. It had the appearance of being the nerve center of the park, but it was still a work in progress. There was a big hole in the wall, covered by a tarp. Some workers opened the large font doors with a smile. Hammond lead his guests inside, greeting everyone.

"G'day, g'day, g'day. Now, the most advanced amusement park in the entire world, incorporating all the latest technologies -- and I'm not talking just about rides, you know, everybody has rides. But we've made living biological attractions so astounding, that they'll capture the imagination of the entire planet."

M looked around at everything and the giant T-rex skeleton in the middle caught their eye. That sick feeling returned to their stomach as they thought about every single film with a T-rex in and every single lesson about dinosaurs they had ever been in. T-rexes were vicious carnivores who were surprisingly fast for their size and would devour anything that lived or breathed. Having one in captivity yet still in such close proximity seemed utterly stupid and extremely dangerous.

They all trudged up some twisted stairs, letting Hammond lead the group into a movie theater like room. There were multiple seats with protective bars like a roller coaster in front of a large screen. The room was brightly lit by overhead LEDs and the shape of the room was quite odd. It almost resembled a cave.

John pushed some of them into the seats. "Why don't you all sit down? Uh, Donald, sit down, sit down."

They all took their seats as Hammond walks up to the screen, where another Hammond on screen comes up to meet him. M wanted to giggle but pushed the urge down out of respect.

"Here, Here he comes. Well, here I come, yes." John seemed rather excited about this as he limped over next to the screen.

"Hello, Hello." The screen john chuckled slightly. John urged the scientists and chaotician to respond to the screen but only got weak hellos and a half hearted wave in return. Screen John continued talking. "Hello, John!"

John realised something and begun fumbling around with some flash cards. "Oh, yes. I've got lines."

Screen John continued without real john. "Well, fine, fine, I guess. But, uh, how did I get here?"

"Uh, well, let me show you. First, I'll need a drop of blood. Your blood." He found his place.

"Right." Screen John extended his finger, and John mimed poking it. "Ooh! John, that hurt!"

"Relax, John. It's all part of the miracle of cloning!"

M perked up slightly out of curiosity and wonder. Cloning was not something easily achieved and even if you did have the technology, money and resources, you'd get massive sequence gaps in a DNA strand. It's nearly impossible, especially when trying to clone dinosaurs. M tried brainstorming ways that it would work as everyone spoke among themselves. On the screen in front of them, a second John appears, followed by a third then a fourth and so on. They were all greeting each other.

Then, an animated swirl spun out of screen Johns previously pricked finger. It formed a cartoon DNA strand which popped over the shoulder of screen John and tapped it before zipping to the other side, showing a cartoonish gag. Screen Hammond whipped his head back and forth in confusion.

"What? What? Oh! Mr. DNA! Where did you come from?"

The cartoon DNA strand began to talk to screen John with a thick southern accent. "From your blood! Just one drop of your blood contains billions of strands of DNA, the building blocks of life. A DNA strand, like me, is a blueprint for building a living thing. And sometimes animals that went extinct millions of years ago, like dinosaurs, left their blueprints behind for us to find."

Cherry Bomb (Ian Malcolm x unnamed character)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें