Chapter 17: End the Cycle

ابدأ من البداية

Zipping around the castle walls, Kuvira continued to distract Eska, using the castle itself as a shield to intercept her attacks. Kuvira tried returning the favor as she would tear a piece of her armor and throw it towards Eska. Even though Kuvira's attacks were perfectly accurate, they didn't amount to much.

Every throw would instantly freeze, turning it brittle and weak. The metal would corrode instantly and would later turn into dust, breaking before hitting Eska.

Kuvira didn't care if it hit her or not as she just wanted to use herself as bait to give Korra enough time to find Asami. She frantically dodges the shards when suddenly, an idea comes into her head. As a window is about to approach her, Kuvira bends an enormous piece of the castle behind her, using it as a barrier between Eska and herself. Tired of Kuvira running around like a scared mouse, Eska forces her way through the wall. She is blinded by the debris for a few seconds, giving Kuvira just enough time to hop through the window she was headed for and earth bend it shut.

With this, Kuvira made it appear as if there was never a window, to begin with, evading Eska's wrath. With the little time Kuvira bought herself, she started zip-lining through the stairs. While it did buy Kuvira some time, her plan wasn't enough to fool Eska.

Eska takes a deeper look at her castle walls and notices a part of the castle with a different color compared to the rest. Realizing it was the window Kuvira had covered, Eska pressed her hand against the building, creating a hole in front of her. Eska screams in rage as Kuvira refuses to fight her fairly and bolts into the castle. This distraction gave Kuvira a three-story head start, rushing towards the peak.

While Eska could have just zoomed towards the top and intercepted Kuvira, her eagerness to kill the one-armed fighter prevented her from noticing Kuvira's intent. At the top of the castle, Lin and Desna continue to fight, parrying each other's attacks. For every swing Lin makes with her legs, Desna blocks them using his sword. After numerous amounts of trading attacks, Lin lifts her leg high in the air, swinging her blade down against Desna. While he tries blocking the attack with his sword, perpendicular to Lin's attack, Lin's blades were too dense for Desna's blades to intervene. With her steel meeting his ice, Desna's sword shatters into a million pieces as Lin's legs penetrate his shoulder.

Stuck against his shoulder, Lin turns her blade cross, making a V-shape carving in his chest. Only his right shoulder and neck remain attached to his head. Blood drenched Lin's body as Desna's lifeless half pours blood like a fountain. Lin stood still, finally killing the Owl as she celebrated her victory by showering in her enemy's blood. The celebration came to a halt as Lin started hearing crashing debris coming from the stairs. An eerie feeling jittered through her skin as she assumed Kuvira was dead and Eska was coming for her next. Completely exhausted and out of gas for her zip-line, she closed her eyes in hopes of a quick death.

"Hand me the briefcase!" Kuvira yelled.

Entering the room, Lin opened her eyes, relieved to see Kuvira was safe. Turning behind her, she noticed the briefcase her niece had brought and rushed towards it. Opening the container, a mist slowly flows out, exposing a hexagonal object. Lin wasn't sure what it was but didn't question the technology as she handed it to Kuvira. Sliding against the icy floor, Kuvira began pulling a cable from her metallic arm, attaching the hexagonal sphere to it.

"What the hell is this?" Lin asked.

"It's an engine," Kuvira replied.

"For what?" Lin continued.

"You asked me what the barrel in my palm is for right? Well, it's about time I showed you!" Kuvira stated.

With the engine attached to her arm and the power source inside, Kuvira's metallic arm starts glowing bright purple, just like the robotic cannon she used to take over Republic City. With the engine revving and the arm glowing brighter and brighter every second, Desna started getting sinister vibes about Kuvira's new invention. Sensing his sister boosting herself through the stairs, Desna screams her name, trying to stop her from coming up.