29.4

(August P.O.V.)

"I'm going to enjoy what happens next." Dom answers. And as if on cue his car explodes making all the others explode. Brian pulls me down to the ground and covers my head as the cars start landing. Fenix and the men start shooting at all of the drivers. Dom starts fighting the guys. The other drivers are now dead. Brian pulls me up and makes me follow him. Brian and I take a couple of guys down and get into one of the trucks. I get into the back seat to leave room for Dom. Dom is fighting with a guy as we pull up next to him.
"Dom, get in! Get in! Come on!" Brian yells at Dom. Dom keeps fighting the guy until he knocks him out.
"Come on! Get in the fucking car! Let's go! Hurry up!" I yell at Dom and he comes and gets into the car and Brian takes off. We drive for a while until Brian stops under a bridge. Brian and I get out of the car to stretch our legs. Brian's phone starts ringing and he answers it. Brian gets off the phone and he looks to the passenger seat. I look and notice Dom gone. Brian and I go over to his side of the truck and notice a blood trail to the back of the truck. We follow it and find Dom looking into the boxes.
"So this is what $60 million looks like," Dom says showing us cocaine.
"Yeah, we got to get you to a doctor," Brian says.
"We got to find a place to hide this," Dom says changing the subject.
"I got a spot," Brian says and we get back into the truck.Brian takes us to the station's impound lot. "I need a 48-hour hold."
"Outback. Any spot you can find," The guard says. Brian drives through and we find a spot.
"You sure about this?" Dom asks as Brian parks the truck.
"Yeah. The last place they'll check, their own impound yard. Trust me," Brian answers and he does have a point. We start walking out. "You know, I've been thinking, when you blew up your car back there, you blew up mine, too."
"Yeah?" Dom asks.
"Yeah. So now you owe me a 10-second car," Brian says. We all smile at the memory.
"Is that right?" Dom asks.
"Yeah," Brian answers. Dom walks over to a car and smashes the window and grabs the keys out and hands them to Brian.
"Now we're even," Dom says. We all get in and Brian takes us somewhere to hide. We pull up to I guess his house. We all get out and go to walk in.
"Can I have the keys?" I ask and Dom and Brian look at me like I'm crazy. "Do you want to bleed to death? And I don't know about you both but I'm starving." Brian hands me the keys and I leave. I get some things to take care of Dom's wound and get some Chinese because I don't know what else to get. I get back and knock on the door. Brian opens the door and I walk in. I sit all the stuff down. I walk over to Dom and he raises his shirt. He was hit in the shoulder.
"The bullet's not in there," I say after inspecting the wound. "I'm gonna clean it and stitch it up. It's gonna hurt."
"I bet you're going to enjoy this," Dom says.
"A little," I say and begin stitching him up. After I stitch him up we gather around a table to eat. We each have Corona and each grab a carton of food. "Want some of this?" I ask Dom offering him some of mine.
"Yeah," Dom answers.
"It's spicy," I say.
"I like it hot," Dom says getting some, then he takes a bite. Which I'm shocked by.
"Dom, what are you doing? You reached first, you have to say grace," I say. I grab Dom's and Brian's hand and Dom uses his other hand to get a drink.
"Thank you, Lord, for blessing this table," Dom says and it doesn't seem like he is going to continue.
"With food, family, and friendship," I finish for him and Brian squeezes my hand before letting it go. We finish eating. Dom goes roaming around the house. I start cleaning up the table.
"You asked me why I let Dom go," Brian says getting my attention. "I think it's because, at that moment, I respected him more than I did myself."
"Yeah," I say.
"One thing I learned from you and Dom is that nothing really matters unless you have a code," Brian explains.
"And what's your code, Brian?" I ask him with a small smile on my face, because of him finally realizing what I have been telling him all along is true.
"I'm working on it," Brian answers with a small smile on his face. All of a sudden his phone starts ringing. He takes it out of his pocket and looks at who is calling him and he has a confused look on his face. Dom enters the room furious. "Shit. Hey, Dom," Brian tries.
"When were you gonna tell me?" Dom asks charging at him.
"Dom, what are you doing?" I ask confused.
"When were you gonna tell me you were running Letty?" Dom asks and they start fighting. Dom doesn't know that it was Brian that put Letty undercover cause I wouldn't.
"Let me explain..." Brian tries.
"When were you gonna..." Dom starts to say and pins Brian to the floor.
"Dom, stop!" I yell.
"You don't understand," Brian says.
"I don't understand?" Dom asks still hitting Brian. Exactly one of the reasons why I didn't want to put Letty undercover.
"Stop!" I yell again.
"She did it for..." Brian tries to explain.
"Dom, stop! Dom, stop it! Please stop!" I yell at Dom.
"She did it for you, Dom!" Brian finally gets out making Dom stop. "She did it for you! Letty came to me to clear your name in exchange for bringing down Braga. She just wanted you to come home!" Dom starts to leave. "I'm sorry, Dom! I'm sorry!" Brian yells at Dom as he leaves. After a while, Dom comes back and we set up a plan to be able to lure Braga out. Brian goes to the station to talk it over with the chief.

(Brian P.O.V.)

After Dom, August, and I set up a plan I head down to the station to make sure it can work and to make sure that neither Dom nor August will go to jail.
"You better have on hell of an explanation. You disobeyed a direct order. Where's the shipment?" The chief says as soon as I walk in.
"It's safe," I answer.
"Look, we could use the shipment to parade in front of the media, get a few hundred pounds of heroin off the street, but Braga's just gonna send another shipment next week and the week after that," The chief explains.
"Let's use the shipment to lure Braga out and lop the head off a multibillion-dollar cartel," I suggest.
"And how do you suggest we do that?" The chief asks.
"A hand to hand exchange with Braga," I answer.
"He'll never show," The chief says.
"He can't afford not to," I say.
"You got a plan?" The chief asks.
"There's a price. We bag Braga, you let the Toretto's walk," I say and the chief agrees. I let August and Dom know that the plan is a go.

(Dom P.O.V.)

After we got the go-ahead from Brian, I call Gisele to get a hold of Campos.
"Yes?" Gisele answers the phone.
"It's Dom," I say.
"I was just thinking about you. You know, when I gave you my number, I was hoping you'd call. But not under these circumstances," Gisele says.
"What circumstances? Me being alive?" I ask her.
"Don't take it personally. It's just business," She answers.
"I got some business of my own. Get Campos," I say.
"Uh-huh," Campos answers the phone.
"Was that how Braga inspires loyalty? Killing his drivers?" I ask him.
"One can always find more drivers. It's just good business," Campos answers.
"I want to trade," I say.
"Braga doesn't negotiate," Campos says.
"Fine. You explain to him how all of a sudden $60 million worth of product disappears. I know that can't be good for business," I say.
"What do you want?" Campos asks.
"Six million cash, delivered by Braga himself," I answer. Campos laughs at my answer. "I don't like being shot at. I ain't gonna put my neck out again unless he's got something to lose, too."
"He'll never go for it," Campos says.
"Either I deal with Braga, or you do," I say.
"When and where?" Campos asks and I tell him where. Brian, August, and I head to go get the truck.

(August P.O.V.)

We get the truck and empty the boxes and head to the place where we find out who Braga is. The FBI are hiding somewhere in the building.
"Well, the good news is, when we get this guy, you both walk out of here free," Brian explains as we stand beside the boxes.
"Is that what they told you?" I ask him.
"Yeah, that's the deal," Brian answers.
"You still put milk and cookies out for Santa Claus?" Dom asks him.
"Yeah," Brian answers then reaches into his pocket and brings out the key to the car. "Here. In case things go shitty." He hands the key to Dom.
"Just like old times," Dom says.
"Yeah," Brian says as all of Braga's people pull in.
"Where's our stuff?" Campos asks as he steps out of the car and dropping two bags at his feet.
"You mean the stuff that used to be in here, right?" I ask as I open one of the boxes showing that it is empty.
"Well, you'll see it when we see Braga," Brian says.
"That was the deal," Dom says.
"No worries. Braga keeps his word," Campos says. Another guy gets out of the car and he is wearing a grey suit. That guy is not Braga. Campos has to be Braga.
"$2 million. You get the rest when I get my property," The guy says setting the two bags down in front of us. To me, the guy looks scared.
"I got a question for you. You wearing pink when you were clawing your way out of el barrio?" Brian asks. The guy looks confused and even more scared than he did before.
"You're thinking what I'm thinking, right?" I ask Dom.
"He ain't Braga," Dom answers.
"Oh, shit," Brian says as the FBI busts in and shooting starts. "Get down!" Brian pulls me and the guy down. "Get out of here! Get out of here, Dom! Campos is Braga!" Dom and I head for the car. Along the way, Gisele gets in the way of Fenix trying to get Dom with his car. Dom pulls Gisele out of the way saving her life. I slide over the hood of the car and get in the passenger side. Dom reaches the car and gets in, then we take off. Dom takes us home because right now no one will be expecting us to be there.

 Dom takes us home because right now no one will be expecting us to be there