"USELESS!" Shotaro bellowed and kicked Haruto's leg, causing him to yelp in pain and fall onto the ground. "I can't believe, for the past two freakin' months, you three decided to take this entire mission into your own hands and didn't even bother to inform any of us about it! And now you're telling me that this murderer is out there with a highly-advanced robot that could descend the entire city into anarchy?!"

Haruto gritted his teeth as he struggled to get up. His entire body was still weak from everything that happened for the past few weeks.

Jeongwoo rushed to help him get up, and in anger he shouted at Shotaro, "Hey! Have some respect for him! Jaehyuk had them kidnapped for days, and that guy's a super-intelligent psychopath."

"Respect? I don't even think these agents respect me anymore!" Shotaro shot back at Jeongwoo coldly. "From this day onwards, all three of you are no longer a part of Neo Culture. My team will take over the case from here."

Mashiho's jaws dropped when he heard his superior's words. Yoshi looked down at his shoes, speechless and Haruto covered his face with his hands.

"W-Wait, Shotaro... Please—"

"It's done, Mashi." Shotaro said with a sigh before leaving.

Everyone fell silent. Defeated, Yuna watched the three stare at one another. Even the outspoken Jihoon wasn't speaking, he himself looked depressed and extremely beat. 

"I'm so sorry, I really am." Yuna whispered, on the verge of crying. She felt so guilty for causing everyone to be in this state.

Haruto turned to look at her. "No, we're sorry. It was our job to protect you and bring justice to those who had fallen, but we failed. We deserve it."

Jeongwoo shook his head and hugged the tall boy tightly. "No! It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself, Ruto!"

Yoshi patted his friend's shoulder, while Mashiho turned away, unable to face them. He felt so ashamed of himself, as their leader, he had let them down.

"We can't give up now!" Doyoung insisted. "I know, it's tough and it seems almost impossible, but how can we let Jaehyuk get away with this? He destroyed Yuna's and my family! I can't let this go!"

Everyone stared at Yuna and Doyoung with sad eyes. What Doyoung said made sense, but what did they have to fight against someone as powerful and knowledgeable as Jaehyuk? Now that the agents have lost their positions in the spy company, there was nothing that could back them up now.

"How about we head inside the office and pack up first, then we'll try to think of something?" Yoshi suggested.

They nodded their heads in silence and followed them inside. Yuna helped Mashiho to clear his desk, with a cardboard box on the table to store his items in.

"Look," Mashiho showed her a photograph of a younger-looking him, Yoshi and a tiny boy standing together. "This was when we first joined the company, Yoshi, Ruto and I."

"That's Haruto?!" Yuna gasped in shock when she realized that the small boy was Haruto. "He was so little!"

Mashiho broke into a smile, feeling nostalgic as he recalled the old days. "We were all dead set about becoming top-secret spies together, and we gave up our studies to join Neo Culture. I just can't believe our first mission became our last..."

Yuna knew how passionate those three were about their job, and it was because of her that their dreams and hard work had all gone to waste.

"Don't feel bad, Yuna." Yoshi suddenly said, as if he had read her mind. "We were not experienced enough either. We underestimated our abilities and didn't strategize well enough."

She nodded her head. "Don't worry. You'll get back on your feet soon."

As they finished packing and left the headquarters, Junghwan overheard Shotaro's voice from a corner. He signaled to the group and they walked a little slower to eavesdrop.

"... We've tracked down Yoon Jaehyuk, he has another branch here. We can plan to ambush......"

Yoshi glanced at Mashiho, who looked serious and concerned. They knew what it was like with Jaehyuk, he was definitely not an easy person to fool and he had a lot of tricks up his sleeves.

"They might underestimate Jaehyuk's skills. If they don't plan properly..." Yoshi murmured worriedly. "What if..."

"We're following them." Mashiho concluded firmly as they were out of the area.

To Be Continued...

i forgot to mention in the previous chapter that noa kazama was actually a yg trainee and he had trained alongside hyunsuk, junkyu and yedam! :') he debuted solo in japan if i'm not mistaken and he still keeps in touch with the members!