Chenle's tense and stiff shoulders drop as well as his eyes travel down to his empty hands laying on his desk, feeling as to surrender about something that Jisung has no knowledge of yet but it feels like he's got caught red-handed.

They're not in the same page of the book obviously, both clueless but different points of views on the situation- one ahead and one behind.

The elder sighs as he looks up at Jisung directly with those sad pleading and surrendering eyes, praying to whoever is watching them from the heavens that things don't go to shit like he hopes it won't.. why is the future so unpredictable anyway? "Jisung be honest with me." he tries putting a little bit of that toughness in his voice but it quivers a little and thankfully it comes unnoticed.

Now Jisung is more confused. His brows knitting together and his forehead creases as he watches Chenle's movements and mood change within a span of a few seconds. "Chenle what's going on?" he approaches the latter sitting on his chaor by the study desk at the corner of his room, completely trying to get a hint of whatever it was at least.

Chenle closes his eyes momentarily and takes a deep breath before opening them and looking straight back at the younger. "Are you.... are you mad at me?" he fumbles with the words that escapes his mouth, scared of the response he's about to get.

He doesn't really know what he's so scared of... Jisung getting a hunch about his secret feelings for Maeri that he once loved or something Maeri has up her sleeves that he's yet to know which would lead to something unnecessary between him and Jisung again, whatever thing has Jisung found out that he must know of.

There's this bewildered look on Jisung's face upon hearing the question. "Woah, woah wait- Chenle... what?" Things are definitely not adding up to the both of them and they're on completely different sides of the book and they probably haven't either met halfway or they haven't even met throughout at all and just went parallel ways instead of intersecting. 

Chenle sighs. "I figured you'd be mad at  me and Sungchan meeting up with Maeri in the middle of the night without telling you." now Jisung is more puzzled as he hears those words come out of Chenle's mouth... things are so not adding up and working for them. It's a lot of unpacking and misunderstanding happening in a single discussion. "Wait- no. Chenle, I'm not mad." he's sure they're going to take more than an hour or two to have all this shit goin on with them to be unpacked.

Maybe it isn't the worst case scenario at all..... yet.

He purses his lips into a thin line, looking at Jisung in confusion but a little relief washes over him or he would've gotten himself caught red handed over the million stuff than he already has been caught by Renjun and Taeyong.

"Wait, what makes you think I'm even mad?" Jisung takes a seat on the edge of Chenle's bed, lost in their topic as he tries to think of reasons what could've made his friend think of such.

He couldn't think of any. Jisung was yet to find out why.

"I...." Chenle doesn't manage to say anything at this point, sighing in defeat as he looks down at his desk- the unsaid reasons pushed back in the back of his throat along with the lump that he swallowed.

He doesn't even notice the sweat trickling from his temples and down to the side of his pretty face from the nervousness as he fiddles with whatever was the first thing he sees sprawled over his desk.

Jisung watches him keep silent. His expression softens when he stares a little too longer at him and he huffs while the corners of his lips stretch into a faint but evident smile, a fondness towards the latter that he's never felt before grows in him. "It's alright if you can't say it, I wouldn't ask you to explain any further." the smile on his lips grow wider and Chenle notices it. "At least I get to know Maeri is in safe hands."

Chenle feels guilty. So so guilty but then yet he knows he shouldn't be and he doesn't know he's as clueless as the latter in his room, unaware of what their team has under their sleeves when the day of the so called 'awaited ball' comes.

Maeri is in safe hands... right?

I FINALLY have updated this damn au I swear it took me a shit ton of homework to make spare time to write it :'( 

did you guys miss me?? lmaooo I hope you guys enjoyed reading this. Love y'all.