IRRESISTIBLY GUINI

Începe de la început

"If I'm strong enough to do that, then I wouldn't have been in this situation, Granger."

"But you are strong." He insisted, making the insides of Guinevere soft. "We seem to be in a similar position, and I'm just being a coward."

"If you're a coward, then what does that make me?"

Granger stared at her, and for the first time since he arrived in her room he was looking at her with pity. "Are you really determined to let him be with her?"

She looked away. "Whatever it takes to keep him out of trouble and danger."

"You think he won't be in danger with Lesley?"

"Yes." She answered, her heart breaking from the truth. "She keeps him out of trouble. She's logical that way."

"You are logical."

"No." She argued. "I'm destructive as hell. Literally."

"You know we're all trying so hard for you not to get in that state."

"Still. You are aware how many times I brought him in danger. He just butts in headfirst for my sake and I don't like that..."

"He's going to regain his memories, you know."

"Not before he'll learn to love her."

"You know how he feels for you isn't that shallow."

She looked at Granger, hating how he managed to make a blossom of hope bloom inside her.

That was the last thing she needed right now. She did not need anymore reason to make her resolve falter.

"I'll be gone by then." She assured.

"If you're really determined to do that, you've got to do it soon."

"Why?" She asked, growing afraid.

Leaving him. She had thought of it so many times. But she could never get her heart into it.

"Rafaela said his memories isn't truly wiped. It's only blocked."

"Rafaela?" She repeated. "When did she say... You met her, didn't you?"

"I did." He admitted. "She's not the same as we know her."

"Where is she? You know the others are looking for ways to help Gusion regain his memories, right? Especially the Venom squad. Why are you keeping such information from them?"

He only stared at her eyes, and she instantly knew why.

"You don't want to hurt her..." she muttered.

"I don't." Granger answered, looking down at his hands. "Gusion regaining his memories this soon would certainly be to my advantage but... I saw Lesley cry before. I don't want to see her in such pain again."

"Then don't." Guinevere said. "You mustn't tell the others."

"I won't." He agreed.