031. remus' eighteenth birthday

ابدأ من البداية

"I learned my passion in the good old-fashioned School of loverboys!" Sirius yells, his voice cracking slightly and Maria cackles happily as he pretends to strum an invisible guitar before grabbing her hand and spinning her around on the table again.

Grinning, Maria and Sirius hop down and walk over to Remus, Danielle and Marlene who are chattering loudly over the next song. James and Lily join them and they all talk about things like the Quidditch World Cup and the seventh year's upcoming N.E.W.T's. With the amount of drinks they've had by now, they're just endlessly blabbering about things like how Marlene and Dorcas had kissed last weekend or whether Sirius thinks James and Lily have good 'sexual experiences'.

"Of course Lily's having the time of her life, shagging that." Sirius gestures to James who looks at him incredulously.

"That?"

"Yeah—you, James—whatever." Sirius stutters out, rolling his grey eyes. "Anyway, I was thinking of getting a motorcycle when we leave Hogwarts."

"Motorcycle?" Lily inquires.

"Yeah, you know—a motorcycle!"

"This can't be good." Remus says, looking over Sirius, Maria and James' shoulder with a stern expression rather than the lazy grin he was wearing a few moments ago. The trio swivel around and see a bunch of Slytherins stroll in, including Febecca Barnes, Hazel Addison, as well as Evan Rosier and his goons.

"Shit—how did they get the password?" James groans loudly, throwing his arms up.

"They must've made a little Hufflepuff or something spill the password we gave out." Sirius says darkly, and Maria would say extremely dramatically, though he has all the reason to be — as some of those Slytherins will have a serpent shaped mark on their left forearm, looking much like an innocent tattoo to the naked eye. Fleamont swore he saw one that him and Euphemia captured that the mark was moving on their arm, almost like it was slithering.

Rebecca's eyes catch Maria's chocolate ones and she smirks, winking as Maria glares at her, her jaw set and her lips in a straight line. The marauders split up somehow and Maria is stood by the drinks table when she feels a presence beside her.

"Hello Rebecca." She greets unenthusiastically, not even needing to look sideways to know who it is.

"Hi, how's the brother?" Rebecca smiles, but Maria can see straight through her sweet facade as she places her cup down.

"What do you want, Barnes?" Maria questions, raising her eyebrow at Rebecca who laughs slightly.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd talked to Regulus lately?" Rebecca smiles almost smugly and Maria's eyebrows furrow slightly but she manages to keep her expression stoic.

"Yeah, yesterday, why?"

"Oh. . .maybe I shouldn't—"

"Spit it out, Barnes."

"Well, I was in his dorm earlier, I thought you two were finished." Rebecca says in feigned innocence and Maria feels her heart stop for a few seconds. "I guess he just got bored of you, the other guy did, didn't he?"

"He wouldn't do that." Maria shakes her head and Rebecca smiles.

"Awh, well, how would I know he has a tattoo of the Leo constellation on his right collar bone." The blonde whispers and Maria's eyes flutter around before she steps back and proceeds to grab a bowl of crisps from on the table and dumps them over the blonde who shrieks in shock, constantly running fingers through her curly hair as Maria flips her off angrily and walks out of the portrait hole.

She mumbles the password to the Slytherin common room and runs up the stone steps then left to the boys dormitories, pushing open Stan and Regulus' door and she sees the duo playing chess on Stan's bed, Alyssa reading a care of magical creatures book.

"Take off your shirt." Maria demands and Stan whistles loudly as Regulus stands up to walk closer but Maria steps back by instinct and Regulus' eyebrows pull together.

"What's going on?" Regulus asks in confusion.

"Tell me it's not true—I want to see if she's telling the truth, I want to see if there's actually a tattoo on your collar bone." Maria stutters, tears welling in her eyes and Regulus' eyes flash with realisation. "Oh my god. . .she wasn't lying. You—with her?"

"Maria you have to listen—Rebecca was my first time okay? We were in fifth year and completely wasted! I would never—ever do something like that to you!" Regulus says desperately and Maria lets a tear run down her porcelain cheek. "And I need you to believe me because I cannot lose you!"

"Why would she lie?"

"Because she hates you—she's starting to hate me, Maria please, she's just trying to ruin this—she wants what we have okay? I can't let her force you to slip away from me." Regulus rambles and Maria looks to Stan who nods, his face full of worry.

"Oh my—she told you that?" Regulus breathes. "Bitch. . ."

And then he's angrily walking out of the room, Maria looking at Stan and Alyssa before they all hurry after him. They reach the Gryffindor common room and Regulus shoves past a couple of Ravenclaw students and through the portrait hole, the others right on his tail as he grabs a full cup of fire whisky and walks in the direction that Rebecca is sat laughing with Hazel, Gasper, Ruben and Evan.

Then, he's thrown the alcohol all over the blonde girl who gasps loudly, people making 'ooh' sounds.

"Stop being such a little bitch!" Regulus shouts at her. "Just stay the fuck away from her." Regulus points at Maria who is still gaping, gripping onto Alyssa's arm as the blonde grips onto hers, both anxious.

Maria steps forwards and grabs Regulus' arm, pulling him over to a secluded corner of the common room as everyone slowly goes back to their business.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Maria whisper yells at him and Regulus looks down at her as he's pushed against the stone wall. "My brother just watched that!"

"She is getting on my last nerve, that's what." Regulus says, looking behind Maria with a clenched jaw.

"Just. . .go." Maria breathes. "I'll come to the astronomy tower later—three am."
Regulus nods and Maria turns to walk away but Regulus grabs her arm and spins her into a kiss, her arms wrapping around his neck gently as his hands squeeze her hips softly.

"Ria. . .you know I care about you, right?"

"Yeah." Maria smiles. "I care about you too."

"Good." Regulus smiles, kissing her forehead before walking out of the common room with Stan and Alyssa. In that one moment, they were just two teenagers who're too scared to admit they love each other.

"Seriously!?"

[][][]

this was so chaotic but anyway. . .
What about when Marlene spilled her and Dorcas kissed? Do you think they should be together?

Oh gosh, Regulus made a scene in front of James. . .

thank you so much for reading this! I can't believe it's at 31 chapters already!

~ Grace x